tRANSMISSION OIL

Old 09-21-2008, 07:19 PM
Default tRANSMISSION OIL

New to the forum, and being the cheif mechanic for my son's '02 Passat (1.8 turbo, auto)And it needing work,I purchased a Haynes manual. Greatly helped, in that I never would have thought to look under the plastic engine top cover for the spark plugs.
It is over due for the 60 and 80,000 mi. service, having 93.000 miles. I have gotten oil changed (with winter comming on-5w-30 synthetic), new plugs (Autolite double plat.), replaced fromnt brake pads. I intend to farm out changing the timing belt.
Ther are 2 different automatics listed, both requiring VW or an ESSO brand of trans oil.
Now the question
Will any synthetic auto trans oil work, or is there a transmission oil of choice?
Thanks

Old 09-22-2008, 07:48 PM
Default RE: tRANSMISSION OIL

[sm=badbadbad.gif]
SweedishGP,
Thank you for your reply to my question, I quit turning wrenches 30 years ago, when the last VW I worked on was a Beetle that had the head studs pulled out of the engine case, causing it to make a hell of a noise and run poorly.
Not being familiar with these autos (this is the first late model VW) I was inclined to look at the side of the engine (right side,if it's any of your business), where most of the auto mfg's put them. Hidden under an overpriced (like everything connected with this auto) piece of plastic to find them between the camshafts would have been the third choice, just after checking the left side of the engine.
An intelligent and informed answer would have sufficed, but you chose to show your arrogance (which I have found at most VW dealers, hence my inheriting the service on this car).
If you had nothing constructive to add to my question, why bother to show the world how ignorant you are.
After doing the service work that the dealer assured my son that had been done, I have found out that the dealers assurances were so much BS. Do you work at a VW dealership in Wisconsin?
And don't try to tell me it's "German engineering", It's revenge for losing the war.
Thanks to you, I will not be visiting this foum again, as I can do very well without your ararrogant, boorish and condecending answers, and by the lack of any kind of answer to my question, I canonly guess that the forum members as as stupid as you are.
Regards,
Mike
PS
Your grammer is terrible. It's you're ( a contraction of you are), not your, as a possive.

Edited twice.
Once to add this. and once to add one more insult.
SwedishGP, take your over-priced piece of german revenge and put it where the sun doesn't shine.

Old 09-22-2008, 10:57 PM

stupid is as stupid does
made me change my avitar

damn i hate how you cant put a friken picture oon here

Old 09-22-2008, 11:37 PM

lmfao