Hot starts and moving stalls

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2007, 06:22 PM
Default Hot starts and moving stalls

Hi

Im having 2 problems with my 2002 Passat 2.0L 20V Sport and was wondering if anyone has experienced anything like this before.

1. The car fails to start from hot. i.e when i have been driving it around for about an hour. If i turn the ignition off to use a cash point etc then try to start it up it will not turn over and i get the EPC light on. This only ever happens when the engine is hot and has never happened from a cold start.

2. When driving around the car suddenly stalls itself, i loose all power, steering and brakes which is quite scary at 40 miles an hour.

Speaking to a few friends they have suggested the air filter could be blocked causing it to over heat and cut out, i have also head that the engine speed sensor and the crankshaft sensor could be to blame. any ideas?

I did have to call the AA out yesterday as it wouldnt start once it stalled on me and he could not repair it at the road side but did download an error code from my EPC which read P0332 - Ignition/Distribution engine spees ( input circit - no signal). but he was unale to help further and towed me home. The car is working fine again this morning but ive lost confidence.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Old 04-29-2007, 11:27 PM
Default RE: Hot starts and moving stalls

I don't know about the 2002 Passats but all older (like 1985-00) I know for sure that it has a cold start valve. It is like another fuel injector. If it is not working properly, like always spraying extra fuel into the car when it is hot and dosen't need the extra, it floods the engine and it will not start. As for it stalling going down the road, it could still be the same problem. I have a book on other things that it could be so let me know. Good luck!!!!