Water in oil and turbo 2005 Passat

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2018, 03:54 PM
Default Water in oil and turbo 2005 Passat

I have a 2005 passat tdi it over heated and blew a head gasket.So i took the head off put it in a shop.THEY CHECKED FOR CRACKS AND RESURFACED THE HEAD.With that being said i put the head on torqued it to specs with the last two stages using a angle gauge .I started it up, it ran good until it warmed up.It started to leak water from just pass the turbo from the mesh part of the pipe and now has a little water is in the crank case when i checked the oil filler cap.So i took the head off again had a shop check it out and they said the head bolts were bottoming out on the block. So A different shop checked out the head said no cracks. So i picked up new head bolts again. This time at the end of the head bolts there is about a 7/16 of space on them which had no threads on them so i grinded all of them shorter just a bit so they could not bottom out in the block as i torqued them to specs. Started it up again its doing the same thing runs good until it warms up and then steam and drips water just pass the turbo.Does anyone have an idea on whats going on??

Old 08-01-2018, 05:45 AM
Super Moderator

First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

Default Welcome to Volkswagen Forum - Rules & Recommendations

The head gasket is a common fault on TDI engines. I suggest you join another good TDI forum. https://www.myturbodiesel.com/forum/ It would be handy if you posted pictures of this leak?

You will need to make an intro on that site. Any problems search TDI Wiki as that cover write ups and forum posts.

Post moved to correct section as OP can't read sub forum titles.