Cant figure out why car wont stay running once on. Its a 93 GL

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2006, 06:08 AM
Default Cant figure out why car wont stay running once on. Its a 93 GL

I just bought this car, the guy told us it had a vacumm leak. We checked the fuel injectors those are fine, we cant figure out why when we start the car up it will sit at 1500rpms for a few seconds then cough a few times and then die. We cant find any leaks or anything, drastically need help figuring out the problem, any input would be appreciative.

Old 08-01-2006, 11:55 AM
Jsd
Default RE: Cant figure out why car wont stay running once on. Its a 93 GL

Sounds like my car when she's sick. I'm sure the 93 is pretty much identical to a 92 lol so here is your best bet. On the rocker cover or whatever you wanna call it, there's a pressure valve regulator, looks like a mushroom. There is a little rubber stump that sits in the case and the regulator sits on top. Check for cracks in that little rubber stump, that thing should be solid as hell. You might want to consider replacing all those hoses. Not to expensive. Everything from the top of the case (rubber stump, keep old regulator if in good condition, hose to throttle body)

Trust me...everything you are experiencing with this car, i've gone through and fixed. So, i'll help you find the problems best I can and ways to fix them. But you do have a vaccum leak.