2002 passat estate problem with gearbox?

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2012, 01:58 AM
Default 2002 passat estate problem with gearbox?

Hi, wondered if anyone could shed any light on the problem im having, weve only had the car just over a week, we had to spend £360 on it on the 4th day, because it started to make a screeching noise when turning the wheel. the garage replaced every belt imaginable. we thought it was all perfect but this morning when coming home from work it did something strange, i reversed from my parking spot ok, but when i put it into drive (its an automatic) it kind of jerked, I put it in park and tried in drive again 4 times, each time it did this jerk thing but drove ok, then I also noticed that all the lights on the dash were lit up PND1234, whereas normally only the d is lit up, i tried going up and down the gears (its tiptronic) to see if the display would change, but all the lights remained on.
the car is a 1.9tdi estate auto sport.

if anyone knows what this problem is (hopefully its not a big one) any help would be greatly appreciated, I'm hoping we haven't had a duff deal.

thanks

Old 08-01-2012, 07:52 PM

Hello! I discovered the same issue on my tiptronic two weeks ago. I called to a workshop and they called the problem a tiptronic emergency operation on the gear system. I hope to get my tiptronic up running as fast and safe as possible so i am checking with everybody i can for information. After checking other sites where its written a little bit of the issue i am quite sure that it is nothing more than an electrical error to protect your gearsystem while you getting your car to a workshop so they can look at it. Hope this helped you and your tiptronic please reply and comment how it went and how you fixed it

Old 08-02-2012, 02:10 PM

it turned out to be the transmission range selector switch, we had it done at a garage and it sorted the problem out, its just our turbo thats knackered now lol, but thats another story