Volkswagen Forum - VW Forums for Volkwagen enthusiasts

Volkswagen Forum - VW Forums for Volkwagen enthusiasts (https://volkswagenforum.com/forum/)
-   Volkswagen Jetta/Bora (https://volkswagenforum.com/forum/volkswagen-jetta-bora-19/)
-   -   P0441 (https://volkswagenforum.com/forum/volkswagen-jetta-bora-19/p0441-37502/)

vwjetta10 12-17-2017 02:35 AM

P0441

I have a late 2010 Vw Jetta 1.8 tsi. I had the engine light on and it gave me that code ^ when I gave it a scan. It in regards to the Evap system. My car feels like it won’t get into gear on take off, it starts to rattle but then it’s fine when I’m driving. Could this be the issue?
Thanks

Keithuk 12-17-2017 06:50 AM

First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

Default Welcome to Volkswagen Forum - Rules & Recommendations

VAG Error Code: 16825/21406/001089/4219/14751
EOBD II Error Code: P0441

Fault Location:
Evaporative Emission (EVAP) System - Incorrect Flow/Lower Limit Exceeded

Possible Cause:
Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL)(K83) active.

Missing or loose fuel cap.
Incorrect fuel filler cap used.
Fuel filler cap remains open or fails to close.
Foreign matter caught in fuel filler cap.
Incorrect fuel tank vacuum relief valve.
Activated Charcoal Filter (Evaporative Emission (EVAP)) Solenoid Valve 1 (N80) faulty/jammed.
Evaporative Emission (EVAP) Canister Solenoid Valve 2 (N115) faulty/jammed.
Evaporative Emission (EVAP) Canister Sealing faulty.
Pipes between Tank Breathing and Throttle Body leaky/blocked.
Hose connection(s).
Intake leak.

Possible Solutions:
Check Activated Charcoal Filter (Evaporative Emission (EVAP)) Solenoid Valve 1 (N80).
Perform Output Test.
Check Evaporative Emission (EVAP) Canister Solenoid Valve 2 (N115).
Check Evaporative Emission (EVAP) Canister.
Perform Basic Setting.
Check Pipes between Tank Breathing and Throttle Body.

Special Notes:
When found in the North American Region (NAR) 1.8T Audi A4 1.8T check Technical Service Bulletin (TSB) 24-08-78 or 2010268/3 or Pass-Thru equivalent Technical Service Bulletin (TSB).
When found in the North American Region (NAR) 1.8T VW Passat 1.8T check Technical Service Bulletin (TSB) 01-09-09 or 2005554 or Pass-Thru equivalent Technical Service Bulletin (TSB).
Note: The Passat 26E5 or "R5" recall includes the same software update.
Make sure the quick release lines for the Check Activated Charcoal Filter (Evaporative Emission (EVAP)) Solenoid Valve 1 (N80) and vacuum line to LDP are not crossed.
This can also make the engine hard to start after filling up the fuel tank.

Tech Notes:
The P0441 code means that the control module has detected a leak in the Evaporative Emission (EVAP). Loose fuel tank filler cap is the most common cause that triggers the P0441 code.

When is the code detected?:
Pressure in charcoal canister and fuel tank does not drop during purge control (2 trip detection logic).

Description:
The Engine Control Module (ECM) tests the Evaporative Emission (EVAP) system for the following conditions:

- Large and small leaks.
- Excess vacuum.
- Purge flow during non-commanded conditions.
- Fuel Level and Fuel Pressure sensor faults.
- EVAP Purge and Vent Valve faults.

The Engine Control Module (ECM) monitors the Fuel Tank Pressure sensor in order to determine the level of vacuum/pressure in the EVAP system. The ECM commands both the EVAP Purge Solenoid and the EVAP Vent Valve ON when the conditions are met in order to apply an engine vacuum to the EVAP system. The Engine Control Module (ECM) commands the EVAP Purge Solenoid OFF once the system has reached a predetermined level of vacuum. This test verifies if a vacuum can be achieved in the EVAP system. Failure to develop a vacuum may be caused by a large leak or a restriction.

As taken from my new EOBD II Fault Codes Software

vwjetta10 12-17-2017 03:34 PM

P0441

Would this be the reason why my fuel is being taken so quickly?