Volkswagen Jetta/Bora
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Caliper piston tool???

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2007, 04:19 PM
Default Caliper piston tool???

Do I need one? I can't put on my new pads and a screwdriver is not turning the piston. I think I have to turn it clockwise and push, right?

I hope this isn't another case where I have to buy some exclusive tool to just push the dang piston in to get the pads on... most likely a tool
that costs more than the pads themselves. I'll never buy one of these "exclusive" cars again.

Old 07-19-2007, 06:21 PM
Default RE: Caliper piston tool???

m not too sure if you do or not. what year is your car? do some research on www.vwvortex.com and you will find your answer

Old 07-20-2007, 10:32 AM

that's just sad. Almost compelled to go into the dealership and demanding to know where I could find one of these overpriced things.
I've tried the cube but of course it won't fit. I'm noticing that a lot too... If a certain company makes something with adapters that fits most
major car companies it most likely won't include one for a vw. BOTTOM LINE... ITS NOT A DAMN BMW SO WHY IS IT ACTING LIKE ONE.
OVERPRICED HONDA THAT THINKS IT'S A LUXARY CAR.

Old 07-20-2007, 01:31 PM

wow your a douche...its nothing different than any other european car...and its a lot better than a honda, trust me. and yes, i checked it out for you(big difference between a honda and a dub) and you do have to have the tool. If your not a dick like youre being now, go check out the regional forums on the vortex and see if anyone has one you could borrow. thats all you need to do. Sorry you bought a euro car and didnt expect things to be more difficult....The US doesnt cater to our cars, get over it and quit crying

Old 07-21-2007, 10:18 AM

ORIGINAL: joenewton07

wow your a douche..The US doesnt cater to our cars, get over it and quit crying
perfect response... and on the other hand... if you cant figure out that you can get the tool at ANY auto store to fit the rear calipers and collapse them, then you really shouldnt be working on your own car... and if its the fronts you are doing... well, you might as well sell your car if you cant figure that out.

Old 07-21-2007, 03:38 PM

ORIGINAL: rva16v

ORIGINAL: joenewton07

wow your a douche..The US doesnt cater to our cars, get over it and quit crying
perfect response... and on the other hand... if you cant figure out that you can get the tool at ANY auto store to fit the rear calipers and collapse them, then you really shouldnt be working on your own car... and if its the fronts you are doing... well, you might as well sell your car if you cant figure that out.
i couldnt agree more my friend