Volkswagen Jetta/Bora
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Groaning Brakes (2010 - 19k miles)

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2012, 03:55 PM
Default Groaning Brakes (2010 - 19k miles)

Hey everyone,

I recently bought a pre-owned certified 2010 Jetta with 19k miles on it. Within the first couple of days I noticed the brakes are groaning loads when easing off the breaks from a standstill. It's especially bad when going into reverse.. but also when just pulling up to traffic lights and coming to a stop then driving off.

I went by to the official VW dealership and he said it was totally normal, and there was nothing he can do. He said it would be due to moisture and rust between the plates creating the noise. And that they had recently done a full service and had the rear brakes replaced.

This seems like a lie to me though. IF they really had replaced the brakes why are they so noisy? Why would they be rusty? He gave me some more spiel and said he would take a look but there was nothing he could do. I decided to hold off for now and do some research.

Is this normal? What would you do in this situation. The car is still in warranty.

cheers,
Mike

Old 05-01-2013, 12:48 AM
Default Same Here

I also have a 2010 Jetta with 21k miles that I purchased new and it is having the same brake noise you describe. I have been considering taking it in to the dealership to be looked at. The noise comes and goes, hard to nail down. I'm going to pull the front wheels and take a look. I won't be happy if they tell me there is nothing wrong. I've never owned a car that made this kind of wheel/brake noise.

Steve