Volkswagen Jetta/Bora
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anybody from SOCAL?? Please Help...

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2009, 07:06 PM
Cool Anybody from SOCAL?? Please Help...

Hey all!
I'm wondering if any of you guys on here happen to be from/be familiar with the Southern California area? We are moving down from humboldt county (norcal) in a few weeks and I wanted to surprise my new wife with a new Jetta or Passat (i think ladies tend to like Jettas more?)

I'm gonna buy the Jetta down at a Volkswagen dealership in SoCal.. I prefer somewhere near Riverside. Has anyone ever been to Murrieta VW? Supposedly it's a pretty stand-up place, just wondering if I could get some help here. http://www.murrietavw.com/

Old 02-22-2009, 11:47 AM
Smile Preferred Dealership?

Originally Posted by racingstars222
Hey all!
I'm wondering if any of you guys on here happen to be from/be familiar with the Southern California area? We are moving down from humboldt county (norcal) in a few weeks and I wanted to surprise my new wife with a new Jetta or Passat (I think ladies tend to like Jettas more?)

I'm gonna buy the Jetta down at a Volkswagen dealership in SoCal.. I prefer somewhere near Riverside. Has anyone ever been to Murrieta VW? Supposedly it's a pretty stand-up place, just wondering if I could get some help here. http://www.murrietavw.com/

I live in Murrieta and have been to the above mentioned dealership several times over the years.
I prefer Capo VW. Why you ask? Because Miles Brandon, the owner is a diesel nut and I like the new TDI.

He does not and will not charge over MSRP. Never has and never will.

When shopping with my wife just two weeks ago at the local dealership here in Murrieta, when we stated that we wanted a Sportwagen TDI, they tried to talk us out of the TDI and sell us a new 2008 gasser that they just happened to have sitting on the showroom floor. When I told them that I am a diesel 'nut' I got the question why!

They asked our name and phone number and said that they were expecting some TDI Sportwagens in April and they'd call us and let us know what was coming in.

I had to ask for a brochure. Was not even offered a test-drive in a Jetta sedan TDI with DSG even though I had told them that was what we were interested in, and even though I said I had not driven any Jettas yet.

They do not know how to sell as far as I am concerned.

I would say to you:
Make the drive over the hill to San Juan Capistrano to Capo VW and get the kind of attention you deserve.
Be sure and check out the TDI with DSG. You will be pleasantly surprised!

Good luck!

Old 02-25-2009, 12:16 PM
Thumbs up

Wow thanks so much. You erally helped me out. I think I am going to check out both of those places, especially lookin forward to the second oe you mentioned. I drove past Murrieta VW the other day and the place looks pretty nice. I'm excited to cruise around Murrieta with my new Volkswagen!!