Volkswagen Forum - VW Forums for Volkwagen enthusiasts

Volkswagen Forum - VW Forums for Volkwagen enthusiasts (https://volkswagenforum.com/forum/)
-   Volkswagen Jetta/Bora (https://volkswagenforum.com/forum/volkswagen-jetta-bora-19/)
-   -   2012 Jetta Hesitation issues. (https://volkswagenforum.com/forum/volkswagen-jetta-bora-19/2012-jetta-hesitation-issues-36743/)

deathjam4 02-02-2015 06:35 AM

2012 Jetta Hesitation issues.

Hey i been to the VW dealer recently about something i think is an issue or it might just be me. I informed them that from a standstill start when i push the gas peddle in Drive the car hesitates for about 2-5 seconds before it actually starts moving. But when in tip tronic the car instantly responds to my foot to the peddle in the same situation.

So any flames or feedback on this ? cause it has me worried since i only just got the car preowned from the dealer maybe a month ago. Its a 2012 jetta comfort-line with a 2.5L engine, Automatic. All the dealer told me was "that ? oh its normal because of the type of transmission you have" well according to some people i have already asked some people have the issue others don't and all the tranys are basically exactly the same Sports mode (which is a sham of a drive since all it does is rev your engine higher) with a tiptronic.

So at the top of this thread i will include a poll. If you have a same model car between 2011 - 2013 Tell me if you have noticed this issue.

deathjam4 03-23-2015 12:29 PM

New update on this. I recently found out that there is two types of auto tranys for the vw engines. One is fully electronic controlled and the other is old fashioned style all manually done by the engine.

The electronic Controlled version has a hesitation due to it having to figure out what the thing is supposed to do so this is the leading cause of this. THis is also why if you slip into tiptronic it will go as soon as your foot hits the peddle.

Keithuk 03-23-2015 01:04 PM

You don't need a poll for this just show the details. poll disabled.

deathjam4 03-24-2015 08:54 AM

the poll was to see how many people were having the issue. And i recently had the vacuum replaced on my car and it fixed the hesitation issue i was having as the car no longer does it.

Tho after a few weeks during the winter the car went back to how it was acting before the pump was replaced so im leaning the hesitation is vacuum related and something such as low oil pressure could cause the pump from not working as good as its supposed to.

My vacuum pump had expanded and broke open during the winter and i had some how gotten water in my oil from what vw claimed was from short trips moisture build up. Basically the water froze in my oil pan causing the oil pump to stop working because it was blocked by ice. This caused the filter to suck in on it self as well and made a glitch with my oil sensor.

It has not been as much an issue as it was but my car is back to constant hesitation off the hop in automatic again. So im guessing either oil or vacum related since the vacum pump is run by oil pressure.