Volkswagen Jetta/Bora
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2003 VW jetta vr6 doesn't recognize key

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2012, 12:35 AM
Default 2003 VW jetta vr6 doesn't recognize key

My jetta won't turn on because the key light on the dashboard turns on and i believe its because it doesn't recognize the key. I already paid once for a locksmith to program my key again to the car and it turns on but couple days later, back to the same thing. Car won't turn on and i'm just wondering what it could be if the car keeps not recognizing the key. I got my key checked out at the dealer and they said the key worked perfectly fine. I'm just waiting on some money and I'm going to get it towed to the dealer but just want to have an idea of how much to spend or what its going to be. I appreciate any feedback. thanx.

Old 02-05-2012, 08:08 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum. Name:  VWwelcome.gif
Views: 30
Size:  951 Bytes

With the immobilizer light on it should still turn over and startup for a second or two. Have you done anything to the car like changed to main battery?

These immobilizers are a pain in the a**e I read hundreds of threads about them. There is only the dealer that that can access the SKC to programme a key or there are other vendors like VAG TACHO that can read the SKC and programme a key. If the dealer says the key is working ok then keep pestering them to get it working.