Volkswagen Jetta/Bora
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

99 2.0 ?'s

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2009, 09:42 PM
Default 99 2.0 ?'s

Hey guys, I have a 99 jetta 2.0 with around 89k on it, I was wondering if my car has a timing belt, I have been doing research and can't seem to find a difinitive answer and don't have the manual. Does it have one, if so Im going to change it and what else? I know you usually change water pump but is there anything else I should be worried about? Thanks for any help.

Old 11-01-2009, 09:33 PM

It does have one. They are recomended to be changed at 104,000 miles (wierd). At the same time, change the water pump, idler pulley, and serpentine belt. It's all right there and as long as it's all apart...

Old 11-04-2009, 09:32 AM

Yes. It is a very good idea to go ahead and replace your timeing belt now, as well as your water pump. A friend of mine only have about 85K on her '03 GLS and the timing belt popped, bent up all her valves, wasn't worth it for her to fix, so now she has to drive around in a Scion

If you search just right through youtube you'll find a niffy lil how to video on the timeing belt, I think it is your year too, I came across it a while back so I know it's out there.