Volkswagen Forum - VW Forums for Volkwagen enthusiasts

Volkswagen Forum - VW Forums for Volkwagen enthusiasts (https://volkswagenforum.com/forum/)
-   Volkswagen GTi / TDi (https://volkswagenforum.com/forum/volkswagen-gti-tdi-26/)
-   -   Passat 2.5 turbo diesel 2004 Help! (https://volkswagenforum.com/forum/volkswagen-gti-tdi-26/passat-2-5-turbo-diesel-2004-help-34286/)

Evgeniy 01-08-2012 09:02 AM

Passat 2.5 turbo diesel 2004 Help!

Hi. I am from Russia. I ask the forum moderators to move my post in the correct section, if I had not properly posted. letter translated by online translator, so the text is not quite correct.

If you will permit me a question for you would VW passat B5 + turbo diesel in 2004. BDG engine volume 2.5 liters.
The problem there is: will not start (or a very long start up) to the heat that is. engine temperature of 40-70 degrees Celsius. By car ride wife in the morning in any frost glow plugs are included and there are no problems. start up well.
In the evening the car has cooled down and start up again fine.
But if you go, for example in the supermarket, like an hour and a half, it is likely that there will be problems because the engine has cooled to 40-70 degrees Celsius when cooled down more, then be got well and quickly.
if the car stopped and start over 30-50 minutes is coolant temperature is 80-90 degrees Celsius, then wind up very well and quickly.

with poor plant when long drive the engine at a temperature of 40-70 degrees coolant, if be got, it's often out of the pipe imposing gray smoke, very smelly, like probably in the diesel fuel is not burnt.

So far have found out in the next, if not made immediately, ie 2-3 seconds, then unplug the temperature sensor under the hood, turn the ignition on and then my car does not see the sensor readings = thinks frost, includes heating coils (candles glow) and machine is put on the first turn.

Errors were read: error p0118 just for the sensor, which shuts off, but not active, but just once was, it was changed.
error p2100, p2102

good service there, as these engines to Russia not to sell his ill know what to fix? You have met such a question??
I ask you to respond here on the forum and the second letter by e-mail:

Thank you to all who can help.

Keithuk: email address removed you don't need any more spam emails users can PM you.

Keithuk 01-08-2012 12:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Welcome to the forum. Attachment 3267

VAG Error Code: 16502
EOBD II Error Code: P0118

Fault Location:
Engine coolant temperature (ECT) sensor (G62) - high input

Possible Cause:
Malfunction indicator lamp (MIL) Triggered on first occurrence.

Coolant thermostat.
Wiring open circuit/short to positive.
Earth wire defective.
Engine coolant temperature (ECT) sensor (G62).

EOBD II Error Code: P2100

Fault Location:
Throttle actuator control (TAC) motor - open circuit

Possible Cause:
Wiring.
Throttle actuator control (TAC) motor.

EOBD II Error Code: P2102

Fault Location:
Throttle actuator control (TAC) motor - circuit low

Possible Cause:
Wiring short to earth.
Throttle actuator control (TAC) motor.

I would suggest you join a good TDI forum as well? VW TDI forum and Audi TDI forum - myturbodiesel.com