I <3 GTIs

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2006, 08:24 AM
Default I <3 GTIs

Wish I could afford the new 2.0 turbo, but I can't... HEHE [:'(]

Old 08-03-2006, 02:43 PM
Default RE: I <3 GTIs

yeah... the dealer tried to put me in one, but the price tag didnt agree. they are sweet none-the-less and though i heard the R32 isnt gonna be that great, i just read up about it and its more than i thought. Apparently its facing up to the STI's and EVO's with about 250hp though they are thinkin about making an R36 with 300. that would be sick, too bad the price tag will be ridiculous,

check it out
http://www.vwvortex.com/artman/publi...cle_1472.shtml

oh well, guess we gotta keep dreamin

Old 08-04-2006, 09:01 AM

yeah those r32's are sick!!! My girls uncle has one of those phaetons, she said it was crazy... but he lives in Malibu so ya know he can have any car he wants... One of these days I will have a new VW!!! HAHAHA till then i'll just keep on grindin' with what i got.

Old 08-04-2006, 01:53 PM

Yeah Phaetons are sweet, but big.. V12 right? not sure ill ever need that many cylinders but it could be fun none-the-less.
Keep the dream up bud... this is my first new car, well closest to new being 7,000 on the ode when i bought her. But every car before i bought with close to 80k on it and worked on them the entire time i had them.. im finally able to afford a nice car and its a great accomplishment to me. When you havent had nice cars handed to you, and youve worked your *** off to get to that point, it just makes it that much sweeter.

Old 08-04-2006, 04:31 PM
Jsd

ORIGINAL: Joelzy

im finally able to afford a nice car and its a great accomplishment to me. When you havent had nice cars handed to you, and youve worked your *** off to get to that point, it just makes it that much sweeter.
VERY well put Joelzy! If you have money, it's nothing to drive any car, but when you bust your gut to get what you want, you're the man.
I plan on buying another VW, city driver...nothin new or crazy, but my ultimate goal is a 69 or 73 Chevy Nova, nice big V8, and I'm gonna be working 7 days a week, 10 hours a day to get it. So props to you J on your achievement. Hope I get to mine before I die lololol

-Jeff

Old 08-04-2006, 05:51 PM

oh you will man... and that is one awesome goal, i want so badly to find a classic like that and build it from the ground up... someday it could happen, when i have a great deal more time and money to tinker with.
appreciate the props Jeff and keep up the hard work

Old 08-04-2006, 07:31 PM
Jsd

thanks bud, hoping within 2 years she'll be all bought and running. We'll see!

-Jeff