Volkswagen Forum - VW Forums for Volkwagen enthusiasts

Volkswagen Forum - VW Forums for Volkwagen enthusiasts (https://volkswagenforum.com/forum/)
-   Volkswagen GTi / TDi (https://volkswagenforum.com/forum/volkswagen-gti-tdi-26/)
-   -   check engine light? (https://volkswagenforum.com/forum/volkswagen-gti-tdi-26/check-engine-light-36735/)

Stevek201 01-25-2015 12:44 PM

check engine light?

2013 GTI 41,000 miles. codes that Auto Zone gave me. P2015,P0300,P0302,P0304 and P2087. now I know that the P2015 is intake manifold runner position sensor/switch. the other three are misfire general and specific cylinders 2&4. the last one is lean fuel I believe in one cylinder.

i read somewhere on the internet that the intake manifolds on the direct injection motors run dirty and the intake manifolds get clogged with crap and the baffles get clog inside and possibly fail so you get misfires. this is just a guess. one guy said he has had 2 manifolds replaced. any info on this would be appreciated.

I will be bring in my car to the dealer as I bought it New to see if they will repair the problem. I'm hoping the drivetrain guarantee up to 60,000 will cover this as I am passed the 36,000 guarantee.

I will post back with any info I get from the dealer.

Thanks Steve

Keithuk 01-25-2015 02:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Welcome to the forum Steve. Attachment 2528

VAG Error Code: 18447/008213
EOBD II Error Code: P2015

Fault Location:
Intake Manifold Flap Position Sensor, Bank 1 - Implausible Signal - Intermittent

Possible Cause:
Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL)(K83) active.
Power Loss.

Intake Manifold Flap faulty.
Intake Flap Motor 1 (V157) stuck/faulty.
Engine Control Module Software/Firmware Version faulty.
Wiring/Connector(s) from/to Intake Flap Motor 1 (V157) faulty.

Possible Solutions:
Check/Replace Wiring/Connector(s) from/to Intake Flap Motor 1 (V157).
Check Intake Manifold Flap.
Check/Replace Intake Flap Motor 1 (V157).
Perform Output Tests/Basic Setting.

Special Notes:
In some Cases the Issue can only be resolved by Replacing the whole Intake Manifold.
The Intake Flap Motor 1 (V157) and Intake Manifold Flap Potentiometer (G336) may be Part of the same Unit.
When found in a VW Golf/Jetta (1K): 1.9l PD-TDI (BRM), check Engine Control Module (ECM) Software Version:
03G-906-016-AB @ 7328 or 7550 as well as 03G-906-016-AC @ 7280 or 7551 do have a Software Error which requires a special Adaptation for the Intake Flap Motor 1 (V157) which at this Point can only be performed with the Factory Tool.

VAG Error Code: 16684/000768
EOBD II Error Code: P0300

Fault Location:
Random/Multiple Cylinder(s) - Misfire Detected/Implausible Signal - Intermittent

Possible Cause:
Lack/loss of power.
Hard start.
Engine hesitation.

Wiring/Connector(s).
Air Intake System leaking.
Fuel Supply faulty.
Injector(s) faulty.
Ignition Cable(s) and/or Spark Plug(s) faulty.
Ignition coil(s) faulty.
Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) Valve (N18) stuck/open.
Camshaft Position (CMP) Sensor (G40) faulty.
Low compression.

Possible Solutions:
Check/Replace all faulty Wiring/Connector(s).
Check Misfire Recognition.
Check Air Intake System.
Check Fuel Supply.
Check Injector(s) and Injector Sealing.
Check Ignition Cable(s) and Spark Plug(s).
Check Ignition Coil(s).
Check Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) Valve (N18).
Check Camshaft Position (CMP) Sensor (G40).
Check cylinder compressions.

Special Notes:
This Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) indicates that one or multiple cylinders are misfiring, but the Electronic Control Unit (ECU) fails to identify the cylinder.

Tech Notes:
The P0300 code means that a cylinder(s) is misfiring or is randomly misfiring. Start by checking for intake leaks, intake gaskets are common caused of multi-cylinder misfiring. If no leak are found the next step is to replace the spark plugs. If the problem persist more tests needs to be done to diagnose problem.

When is the code detected?:
The control module monitors the crankshaft speed and has detected a misfire condition.

Description:
When a misfire occurs, engine speed will fluctuate. If the engine speed fluctuates enough to cause the Crankshaft Position (CKP) sensor signal to vary, the Engine Control Module (ECM) can determine that a misfire is occurring.

VAG Error Code: 16686/000770
EOBD II Error Code: P0302

Fault Location:
Cylinder 2 - Misfire Detected

Possible Cause:
Lack/loss of power.
Hard start.
Engine hesitation.

Wiring/Connector(s).
Ignition system.
Fuel injectors.
Fuel pressure.
Running out of fuel.
EVAP canister purge valve.
Evaporative emission system.
Low compression.
Base engine problems.
Engine Control Module (ECM) damaged.

Special Notes:
This feature search for engine misfire in a specific cylinder. Most of the time the cause for a misfire is a lack of combustion in a cylinder due to absence of spark, poor fuel metering, or poor compression.

Tech Notes:
The P0302 code means that the cylinder 2 is misfiring or is randomly misfiring. Start by checking for intake leaks an if no leaks are found the next step is to replace the spark plugs on cylinder 2. If the problem persist more tests needs to be done to diagnose problem.

Engine Cylinder 2 is misfiring.

Description:
When a misfire occurs, engine speed will fluctuate. If the engine speed fluctuates enough to cause the Crankshaft Position (CKP) sensor signal to vary, the Engine Control Module (ECM) can determine that a misfire is occurring.

VAG Error Code: 16688/000772
EOBD II Error Code: P0304

Fault Location:
Cylinder 4 - Misfire Detected

Possible Cause:
Lack/loss of power.
Hard start.
Engine hesitation.

Wiring/Connector(s).
Ignition system.
Fuel injectors.
Fuel pressure.
Running out of fuel.
EVAP canister purge valve.
Evaporative emission system.
Low compression.
Base engine problems.
Engine Control Module (ECM) damaged.

Special Notes:
This feature search for engine misfire in a specific cylinder. Most of the time the cause for a misfire is a lack of combustion in a cylinder due to absence of spark, poor fuel metering, or poor compression.

Tech Notes:
The P0304 code means that the cylinder 4 is misfiring or is randomly misfiring. Start by checking for intake leaks an if no leaks are found the next step is to replace the spark plugs on cylinder 4. If the problem persist more tests needs to be done to diagnose problem.

Engine Cylinder 4 is misfiring.

Description:

VAG Error Code: 18519
EOBD II Error Code: P2087

Fault Location:
Exhaust Gas Temperature (EGT) Sensor 2 (G448), Bank 2 - Circuit Intermittent

Possible Cause:
Wiring/Connector(s).
Exhaust Gas Temperature (EGT) Sensor 2 (G448).

Possible Solutions:
Check/Replace all faulty Wiring/Connector(s).
Read Measuring Value Blocks (MVB).

VAG Error Code: 18447/008213
EOBD II Error Code: P2015

Fault Location:
Intake Manifold Flap Position Sensor, Bank 1 - Implausible Signal - Intermittent

Possible Cause:
Power Loss.

Intake Manifold Flap faulty.
Intake Flap Motor 1 (V157) stuck/faulty.
Engine Control Module Software/Firmware Version faulty.
Wiring/Connector(s) from/to Intake Flap Motor 1 (V157) faulty.

Possible Solutions:
Check/Replace Wiring/Connector(s) from/to Intake Flap Motor 1 (V157).
Check Intake Manifold Flap.
Check/Replace Intake Flap Motor 1 (V157).
Perform Output Tests/Basic Setting.

Special Notes:
In some Cases the Issue can only be resolved by Replacing the whole Intake Manifold.
The Intake Flap Motor 1 (V157) and Intake Manifold Flap Potentiometer (G336) may be Part of the same Unit.
When found in a VW Golf/Jetta (1K): 1.9l PD-TDI (BRM), check Engine Control Module (ECM) Software Version:
03G-906-016-AB @ 7328 or 7550 as well as 03G-906-016-AC @ 7280 or 7551 do have a Software Error which requires a special Adaptation for the Intake Flap Motor 1 (V157) which at this Point can only be performed with the Factory Tool.

As taken from my https://volkswagenforum.com/forum/ge...oftware-34973/

https://volkswagenforum.com/forum/ne...gnature-34185/

Stevek201 01-26-2015 06:37 PM

Thanks for the info I gave you the wrong last code. P2087 the real one was P2187 that involves running lean at idle.. I have to get to the dealer in the next week or so to see what they say.I will post after that. Thanks again for the info.

Steve

Keithuk 01-26-2015 07:09 PM

VAG Error Code: 18619/008583
EOBD II Error Code: P2187

Fault Location:
System too Lean at Idle, Bank 1

Possible Cause:

Injectors leak/blocked.
Air Intake Leak (after MAF).
Exhaust Leak.

Possible Solutions:
Check Mass Air Flow Sensor (G70).
Check Injector(s).
Check Fuel Pump (G6).
Check Evaporative Emission (EVAP) Canister Purge Control Valve (N80).

Special Notes:
When found in the North American Region (NAR) 2.0T (BPY) check RVUTB: 01-09-03 or 2018919 for updated Crankcase Breather Valve.
If the breather valve is faulty, full engine vacuum is typically found when removing the oil cap at idle.

Stevek201 02-16-2015 05:18 PM

Thanks for all your help, I brought my car to the dealer and they fixed it while I waited 4hrs New intake manifold. No cost do to the 60,000 mile drive train guarantee. while I waited we talked about the New GTI SE 2015. they gave me a great deal on the New one I bought it. got out of mine for about the cost of a lease for the 2 yrs I had it. I drive 75 miles a day to work and back so now I start again with a New one. Thanks again and I will see you on the road or on the forum.