Volkswagen Golf
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

VW Golf Mk4 problems

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2021, 04:15 AM
Unhappy VW Golf Mk4 problems

Hello All,

Please bare with me as i''m not the best with cars - Basically, My car wont start - I get in all the lights are on like the radio and whatever else, put the key in and turn it and i hear the fuel pump going but only 1 light comes on normally loads of lights come on like battery, airbag, steering and whatever else but this time round only the airbag light comes on so i tried to crank the car and nothing it wont fire up - It has been recently cold but it's still being used every other day. at first i thought it was a dead battery so i got my older brother to jump the car but still othing tried several times but nothing - I've searched around and despite all the suggestions i simply just don't know which to take on board, I have an OBD 2 and there were no fault codes. Please could you advise.

Regards,
Nic

Old 03-26-2021, 07:27 AM
Default NO codes???

Hey Nic,

surprised no codes have been thrown, sadly (obviously) makes harder to diagnose.
i would just check to make sure all wiring is intact, nothing loose or frayed to the starter or ground.

no codes really makes for a hard diagnosis but if sure battery putting out proper crank amps, getting fuel into system, good ignition coil packs, and good starter motor can all be ruled out...the next (worse) thing may be the crankshaft sensor maybe fouled out. sits in crankshaft case just to left of starter. inexpensive part but a slight knuckle buster. typically bad crankcase sensor gives u intermittent 'none starts'. one day your fine, next day u could have a none start event, then it appears to go away in a few minutes/hours, then no event for weeks.

hopefully this helps
i