Volkswagen Forum - VW Forums for Volkwagen enthusiasts

Volkswagen Forum - VW Forums for Volkwagen enthusiasts (https://volkswagenforum.com/forum/)
-   Volkswagen Corrado (https://volkswagenforum.com/forum/volkswagen-corrado-45/)
-   -   VW Corrado: general info (https://volkswagenforum.com/forum/volkswagen-corrado-45/vw-corrado-general-info-35172/)

breok 01-10-2007 02:15 PM

VW Corrado: general info

Hello,

I have recently been looking into purchasing a VW Corrado. I don't have a lot of experience with volkswagens and was wondering if anyone could give me any tips when it comes to purchasing one of these cars. Do they have any problem areas that I should watch out for? Would the G60 or the VR6 be more reliable? Does anyone know the HP and Milage differences between the two? Any other info anyone feels inclined to share would be very much appreciated.

I've noticed while searching for these cars that their price can range anywhere from $3K to $13K. Often, some of the lower price ones look just as good as the high priced ones. I'm not sure exactly why there is such a desparity in pricing, but I don't want to get caught off guard and end up regretting my purchase.

Thanks for your help.

Breok

Chad_Jansen 01-11-2007 05:01 PM

RE: VW Corrado: general info

Good choice with the Corrado, they are fun cars. I use to have a 92 VR6 and I loved it. I often wish I would have hung on to it. If I were you, I would look for a VR6. The engine is much stronger and fun to drive. If you are going with the G60, most likely the super charger is gone or on its way out.One comon problem is the moonroof not working so check on that. It is not a cheap fix either...$800.

If you want to spend $10k, my brother has a 92 VR6 that looks great. It even has a new racing engine in it that hasn't even been broken in.

Chad

Ambrosemartin 01-31-2013 01:17 AM

The VR6 form is a capable muscle vehicle, while the other motors in the range are furthermore a allotment of joy. On the downside, the travel can seem very firm, rear places to stay is cramped and running costs can be high, but even so, due to the Corrado's large propel and timeless styling, it's nearly assured to be a future classic.

moishenriq 02-27-2013 01:59 AM

Thanks to all for giving this amazing information about Volkswagen Corrado. This car was developed by german automaker. In this car has many facility like three-door hatchback coupe, 5-speed manual Transmission, FF layout, attractive looking in sports car and so on.

zimrot 04-19-2013 05:01 AM

Volkswagen launched its front-drive, hatchback sports car for 1990, in a single Corrado G60 price series with a supercharged version of the 4-cylinder engine used in the Golf/Jetta. Billed as Volkswagen's "first full-blooded sports car," Corrado succeeded the Scirocco, which left VW's lineup after 1988. Corrado measured 6.3 inches shorter than the Scirocco, but nearly three inches longer in wheelbase. Two inches wider, it weighed some 450 pounds more. The 1.8-liter supercharged engine produced 158 horsepower, driving a 5-speed manual transmission. Automatic was not available in the Corrado's opening season. Dubbed "G-Charger," the engine had a crankshaft-driven supercharger shaped like the letter G. Based on the Golf/Jetta platform, Corrado got standard 4-wheel disc brakes, with antilocking optional. VW-designed multispoke 15-inch wheels were standard. Corrados seated four. An "active" rear spoiler extended automatically when the car reached 45 mph to reduce aerodynamic lift. As speed dropped below 12 mph, the spoiler retracted again. Standard equipment includes power steering, air conditioning, an antitheft cassette stereo, central locking, power windows and mirrors, and a 65/35 split folding rear seat. Motorized front shoulder belts were installed, with separate manual lap belts. Only a handful of options were offered.

AugustinaAlley 10-15-2013 12:56 AM

This car is practically awesome,great dynamics and nice features. Worth a purchase.

loverofvolkswagens 10-26-2013 05:41 PM

doing this for homework assignment CIS 237

This is my homework forum replay