D/S door lock

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2018, 09:56 AM
Default D/S door lock

Hi guys. I had a lock cylinder that was not unlocking the front D/S door and took it out by removing the screw in the door frame that was holding it in place. I used a repair kit to fix the lock. When I used the screw I removed to reinstall the lock, the mounting bracket in the inner door cracked. I replaced bracket which holds both the door handle and the lock cylinder in place.

I now have a working lock, but no matter how tight I make the screw in the door frame that is used to hold the lock in place, the lock will stay in place for a while, but eventually will loosen after a few times of pulling on the door handle when opening the door.

When I removed the screw in the door frame is it possible I broke some other part that is needed to hold the lock in place?

Please provide any resources, and/or instructions that would help me solve this lock problem.

A diagram or photo of the different parts that hold the D/S door handle and lock cylinder in place would be helpful.

Thanks,

Bill

Old 04-13-2018, 03:33 AM
Super Moderator

First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

Default Welcome to Volkswagen Forum - Rules & Recommendations

You can Goggle VW parts online, ETKA.

Please tell us your car spec in your signature