Key wouldn't turn to shut car off......Help

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2019, 01:44 PM
Default Key wouldn't turn to shut car off......Help

I have a 2013 vw beetle. In July I started having an issue with it that anytime I started the car and went some. Where even if I just sat in my drive way when I would go to turn the key off the key wouldn't turn and so the car would stay running g til the key would finally turn and shut off usually took a minute. Of 5 min to and hour to get it to turn. I did research on line with recala
LA and tsbs, I read complaints at from other people that had the same issue at that time as me. I read from 2 different people that they had received a letter in the mail from vw saying they are offering gifts a extended warranty on a new steering lock assembly. The extended warranty Goes for 10 years or 100,000 miles whichever came first. So when o called the vw dealership to schedule and appointment to to have the steering going lock assembly fixed because was pretty sure that's why my key was getting gone stuck they said well it could take up to 2 weeks to complete the car because they have to determine each if I. Fact it is that part then they have to order it and then put it on. But if it is the part that I covered then I pay nothing not even the $150 diagnostic fee so when I finally got a call back from them the dealership they said my car was all done the repairs were done a ND. Covered it was ready to be picked up. I went and picked it up I had 3 people in the car with me so we left and stopped at the gas station but when I shut the car off and took the keys out and the headlights were off the car was still dinging like the keys where still in the ignition and I couldn't use the key fob it wouldn't work. So I called the dealership the next day and told them they screwed something up they needed to look at it without charging me the diagnostic fee because it wasn't doing it before I took it in there to get fixed. I took it into them and they determined my tumbler was bad and that was not covered under warranty and I would have to pay out of pocket for it. I'm like you guys are the ones that broke it you need to pay to fix it. I left with my car still doing it the service advisor told me to open my drivers door and just continue shoving my key in and out of the ignition till it stopped dinging. Who can I call to try getting vw to cover it. I have customer CARE and also BBB Auto Line And I'm waiting for CARE to call me back since August 10th and o end got nothing I. Return

Old 08-31-2019, 09:12 AM
Super Moderator

First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

Default Welcome to Volkswagen Forum - Rules & Recommendations

Check the ignition switch if it won't turn off?

You need to get your motor scanned (preferably with VAG-COM\VCDS) for any error codes logged in the ecu and post them, that will save a lot of guessing and check systems out.

Please tell us your car spec in your signature