PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Vw lt31d for sale

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2019, 05:32 PM
Default Vw lt31d for sale

VW LT31D campervan
Volkswagen LT 31 D LWB, Diesel Motor with 2.4 litre, 6 cylinder 57 KW (78 PS), 5 Speed Gearbox, load weight 3100 kg, wheelbase 2500 mm 65,252 DM
Year 1995
Mileage 148500 miles
£12,000
This is 'POPPY', or ‘Diablo Rojo’, my wonderful campervan. She is in great condition for her age and is ready to drive away. In 2018, I took her for a 5 month long road trip in Europe and she never let me down! Selling only because I am moving back to continental Europe so need to swap for LHD to avoid crazy insurance costs. Lots cheaper than a 'splittie' or 'bay window' but more than double the space. Yes- most people can stand up! Reliable and cute, would benefit from a loving touch here and there but nothing mechanical. I had no time to attend those little jobs as I have been finishing my PhD and could not spare the time. She has some rust appearing after this winter but you can get that fixed easily, nothing major, no leaks, no rust on structural components. In fact, she has less rust than a few years old MB Sprinters I see in the streets! Plays tapes and comes with lots of my music! Oh, there is a easy-to-fix hole in the front bumper as a memory of a lady who drove into me at low speed but nothing else than bumping-in-the-bumper really happened.

She is an 'N' registered 1995 Volkswagen LT 31D conversion and a real head turner having a smart maroon and cream paint job, 'Truck' style mirrors and multiple VW decals. Tinted windows on sides and rear (some rust bubbles around one rear window and small spot on door frame and side). Her engine is the powerful 2.4l six cylinder diesel. Power assisted steering. Central locking and Sigma alarm on all doors and internal sensors are installed but have been disabled. MOT until autumn 2019 (Sept 17). Advisories have three points only: 1) one about exhaust pipe (the exhaust pipe was replaced with a new custom made pipe after the MOT, so now resolved), and 2) shock absorbers misting oil (I had them replaced so also resolved) and 3) temporary fuel cap fitted. The last point could not be resolved, I just cannot locate the right one anywhere. But this is not an issue, the temp cap needs changing 1-2 x a year so the cost is less than 20 pounds a year. Cam-belt and water pump changed June 2015. New exhaust pipe in 2018. Tow bar and electrics.

She has a fixed double bed and has storage underneath which is accessible from inside and via the rear doors. Separate Toilet/Wash room with electric flushing Thetford cassette toilet. The floor needs a minor repair around the drain, an hour job the most. Hot and cold running water from a big tank. The hot water heater runs only when connected to mains. Other than that all appliances and systems are also off grid. Stainless steel sink and drainer. WAECO three way fridge (mains/12v/gas). Two ring gas hob with oven beneath. Wardrobe and storage cupboards. Original Blaupunkt stereo system with speakers in front and rear. Pull out canopy with full awning. Lots of storage space above cab which could be converted into another bed space (I sleep there when I have guests). Registered as a campervan with DVLA. Comes with 240v electric hook up.

The best part is that the van is completely off grid since 2017! She had two brand new solar panels (2x 100W FlexiSun Solar Panel) controlled by Victron BlueSolar 30A MPPT Solar Charge Controller, and a new AGM Victron leisure battery (Victron 12 V 130 Ah AGM Deep Cycle) powered from solar and connected to the main battery (charge is controlled via Victron charge controller worth over 100 pounds). She now also has refillable 6 L gas cylinder (Gasit brand) making life easy- just drive to a petrol station and refill like your fuel tank! So no more exchanging bottles. The van has a Propex heater which can run either on gas (LPG from the Gasit cylinder) or mains electricity.

I am mostly in Cambridge, Berkhampsted or Bedford but I cruise the country a lot so we might be able to meet somewhere, depending on my plans.