PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Scirocco 16 valve for Sale!!! 1987

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2009, 05:26 AM
Default Scirocco 16 valve for Sale!!! 1987

This is a used Black 1987 Volkswagen Scirocco 16 valve. 211,552 Miles, but does not look it. It has power mirrors, Power windows, and A/C, but A/C does not work. Let me start by saying that I truly regret having to sell this car. I LOVE IT, and I hope that it goes to a good home. I recently moved to Portland, Oregon, and I could not take the car with me. The car was transferred into my father's name, and he will be selling it for me. The car is approximately 50 miles southeast from Pittsburgh in Mount Pleasant, Pennsylvania. I am the 3rd owner, and I have had it since 1996. It had 134,000 miles on it when I purchased it. It is black, with the rare option of black leather interior. Has manual 5-speed transmission. As far as I can tell, the car still has the original paint on it except the left front fender, which was replaced before I bought the car. Also comes with extra left front fender (which is silver in color). There is some rust on the left front fender. The whole car has some small dings here and there, and some scratches here and there. I replaced the rear brake calipers with Passat calipers which you mount upside down. These are much better than the calipers that originally come with the car. The brakes work great. I have tons of reciepts regarding parts and repairs made on the car. I did a carfax report on it in 2001 which you may have a copy of. Of course, you can get an up to date one if you like. It runs great. It does have a little noise when you leave the clutch out, which I am told is the throw out bearing. I have the bearing, and some of the parts to repair this, which also come with the car. The transmission and clutch was replaced at some point, but I do not remember the year. The transmission that is in it is from a Jetta GLI 16 valve. Buyer is responsible for tax, title, and transfer. There is a good Notory just down the road from the vehicle. It is not inspected. $1800.00 or best offer CASH ONLY IN PERSON. Come check it out.