Volkswagen Forum - VW Forums for Volkwagen enthusiasts

Volkswagen Forum - VW Forums for Volkwagen enthusiasts (https://volkswagenforum.com/forum/)
-   Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos (https://volkswagenforum.com/forum/nitrous-super-chargers-turbos-14/)
-   -   turbonetics (https://volkswagenforum.com/forum/nitrous-super-chargers-turbos-14/turbonetics-2450/)

nickmagan 02-05-2007 07:24 PM

turbonetics

is turbonetics a good brand to get a blowoff valve from. i hear it can be unreliable. but its the only blowoff valve for the 07 GTI and im not looking to get a universal one. thanx.

01boostedb5 02-05-2007 11:50 PM

RE: turbonetics

personally i love hks, but i believeyou gotta buy a bov kit, i have a greddy type s on my car right now, and that sounds good, but forge makes a bov for you car and that i would recomend, i looks stock so there are no warranty issues, hear a lot of good from people that have that bov.

nickmagan 02-06-2007 11:46 AM

thanx. ill take a look at it.

bigfastdubs 04-23-2007 05:26 PM

blitz all da way bud serious stuff mate

Joelzy 04-23-2007 05:59 PM

does the 2.0T have a DV stock?

foxontherun 04-23-2007 06:03 PM

they should, and i was about to say, i think a diverter valve is better suited for VWs and with an intake, you get a similar sound as with the BOV. might wanna se who makes a DV for an 07 instead, better for the engine. but its all up to you bro! good luck.

Joelzy 04-23-2007 06:44 PM

yeah, DVs are better for these cars, Blow offs can cause the car to run rich (too much gas) because the computer expects a certain amount of air/pressure from the Diverter valve and doesnt get it when you release it to the atmosphere. (by swapping to a blow off valve) if you upgrade big and end up reconfiguring air fuel ratios then it might be worth it, but stock its only gonna give you a noise, possibly a CEL, and a rich mixture. Like fox said, with these cars if youre lookin for the sound, just put on an intake and it can be heard.
just our 4 cents

foxontherun 04-23-2007 09:09 PM

yea...four cents...thats clever! haha.

GTi Racing 10-11-2007 06:08 AM

Turbonetics have good Turbos systems i believe they have quality Blow offs too it's my poinion OK

afbiker178 02-06-2008 09:14 AM

Hey just as an add on to Joe and Fox, they are right DV is best for the Gti. I bought and injen intake for my 07' and it sounds great with the stock dv. (with or with out load) if you are looking for a DV try hyper boost had one on my 03' and it sounded good.

dubalicious 02-21-2008 08:36 PM

i dont know if they make one for the mk5's but i have the forge spliter valve on my mk4half the air goes back into the air intake so the ecu dosent mess up and run rich and the rest vents into the atmosphere so i still get the bov sound

bagel 02-21-2008 08:44 PM

what is this for? Also what is the n57j valve?? Just curious cause I'm gonna start adding forced induction to the VR6 and need to know everything I can. Not like putting together a 5.0 mustang and supercharging that, American Muscle Cars are incredibly easier than these VW's.