New Member Area New to VWF? Stop in tell us about you.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

newbi

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2006, 12:52 PM
Default newbi

hey my name is zach. im 19 and i was in the dsm world but im trying to see what else is out there. im reallly looking in to getting a 2000 moddly gti. so any info you guys could give me would be great. like stock qr mille time. how much hp the stock block can hold. how hard it is to modd these car and stuff like that thanks

Old 11-07-2006, 06:14 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: newbi

Welcome! GTI's are nice, get a hold of Joelzy for the specs...he's the GTI guy.

Old 11-08-2006, 12:00 PM

Yes bagel, GTI's are nice...
the GTI guy huh? i guess i can swing that.

So lookin at a gti huh? go for it, great car, they claim 180hp but I've been pullin cars with 200 and a little over stock. Actually i think the 2000 was before a few small upgrades, not certain how many but i know the diverter valve was changed. id research it and see if anything significant changed

Not certain on this but they say the stock 0-60 is about 6.5 and the the qurter is about a 15.2. just info ive looked up, but who knows for sure its all different with every driver.
Not sure about the block i know of people putting mid-3's in a stock block but who knows if it lasted.
Mods for these cars are fairly easy and some are decently priced. not to mention there are a million things you can do to it.
good luck

Old 11-08-2006, 12:24 PM

is the gti the next fasted behind the r32

Old 11-08-2006, 01:29 PM

Yes, the r32 is around 240hp, all wheel drive, suped up vr6. nice set up sure, but i looked a little further and the times arent that much better than a gti.
you have the GTI 1.8T (i-4 Turbo) and the vr6 (2.8L v6)
the vr6 is rated around 200hp as opposed to 180 in the 1.8T, but the vr6 is naturally aspirated and the turbo in the 1.8T helps a great deal. though they are rated higher i believe the 1.8T is a little faster (sorry bagel )

and Actually, i just looked it up, unless you buy a special edition, the 2000 model gti 1.8T is around 150HP. apparently they made a few changes since.

Old 11-08-2006, 06:25 PM
Super Moderator

Hey Joelzy I forgive you, but I still think mine maybe faster. A Jetta 1.8T has yet to beat me, but have gotten beat by a few GTI's.

Old 11-08-2006, 06:38 PM

really? hmmm i dont know, ive heard from a several people that 1.8s are faster and i have beat a couple VRs myself so i assumed gtis were faster but who really knows? Its hard to find V-dubs around here that wanna play so its hard to tell for myself. Not to mention we both have a few mods to help a little.

Old 11-09-2006, 05:49 PM
Super Moderator

When I lived in Idaho, I did ALOT of Autocross, which os the best way to test the skills of a driver. I was pretty good, keeping up or beating Porshe's, Vipers, stuff like that. 1/4 mile track times kinda suck cause of the lag in power, but like I said, my car is sooo easy to drift. OH and FOR THE RECORD: I STARTED DRIFTING IN HIGH SCHOOL WAAAYYY BEFORE F & F 3!! LOL...just thought I'd throw that out there. So when race season comes up, we throw down track times, and compare, yea?

Old 11-09-2006, 06:16 PM

sounds good, hopefully by then ill have a new forged turbo inlet, turbo-back exhaust, and a lot more power if not we'll still see.
closest track round here is an 8th mile but id rather run at a 1/4 when i can.
never really drifted or autocrossed, at least not legally. my friends and i have done a lot of country road racing and i used to drift my dakota before that, but nothing special.
how are you drifting a fwd car? e-braking? seems like that might make it a little more difficult
ill run it autocross too when i get my suspension done.