New Member Area New to VWF? Stop in tell us about you.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'00 Jetta just died

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2006, 08:10 PM
Default '00 Jetta just died

Hello all! It's good to be a part of the V-dub forum! Like many, I am here in desperation and in need of some advice. Here's the story.

When I got off work Wednesday (before Thanksgiving), I got in my car and it started up fine as usual. As I drive to leave the parking lot, waiting my turn to pull into mad congested traffic, the car just died. I tried to restart it...and nothing. I called my co-workers to help me push the car back out of the facility entrance. I thought maybe the battery? Nope...jump start didn't help. I had a half tank of gas...so I know I wasn't out of gas. I checked all the fluids...and they were fine. The engine is turning but it's not kicking. The timing belt appears to be a little loose but it's not cracked. I know that being a foreign vehicle...any maintenance is going to be expensive. Thing is...I don't have a lot of money to have it repaired if it's going to be over $300. Any advice on what the problem could be and approximately how much it will cost to fix?

Old 11-27-2006, 11:51 AM
Default RE: '00 Jetta just died

not sure why it would have died but the problems restarting may be the starter, locate it and tap on the solenoid with something while someone else tries to start it, if that gets it going, its your started and you can easily replace it or keep tapping everytime you wanna start it, i did that for a month in my saab.
not certain but this is a guess, ive had that problem before
good luck

Old 11-29-2006, 08:31 PM
Default RE: '00 Jetta just died

will it turnover over or just a click....is it the alternator?