General Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Crazy electrical issues, calling all the help I can get.

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2018, 09:11 AM
Unhappy Crazy electrical issues, calling all the help I can get.

Hello all, thanks for reading my crazy situation. I have searched and read about my problem to no avail, so I am turning to you for help.

I have a 2012 Vw Jetta s - 2.0 5 speed sedan

Originally, I removed my windshield wiper motor assembly to fix a broken wiper transmission arm. After replacing the motor, I had no power, so I checked the fuse. The fuse was blown so I replaced it.

After re-attaching the battery cable, and sitting down in the seat to try the windshield wiper motor, I smelled electrical burning in the dash area. I quickly removed the battery cable and checked all attachments to make sure I hadn't missed something.

Everything seemed correct, so I re-attached the battery cable to find my jetta doing some crazy things. First, my hazard lights stay on no matter what you do. The dashlights aren't working, the locks don't work, trunk wont open and no horn either. The car will not start.

Radio, a/c blower do work, if that matters.

I've removed and inspected the hazard light switch and found nothing that looks suspicious. I have checked every single fuse under the dash and in the engine area. I have been unable to find a diagram of the relays with complete information.

Is this a wiring issue or relay or some computer or something? Does anyone know anything I can check or test or replace?

Much appreciation for anyone's time.

Old 07-26-2018, 05:01 AM
Super Moderator

First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

Default Welcome to Volkswagen Forum - Rules & Recommendations

Its hard to say what you've done as we can't see the vehicle, just recheck everything.

I've make fuse layouts for loads of VAG vehicle but there is no link on this forum. You can Google this.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4U...w?pref=2&pli=1