Volkswagen Forum - VW Forums for Volkwagen enthusiasts

Volkswagen Forum - VW Forums for Volkwagen enthusiasts (https://volkswagenforum.com/forum/)
-   Exterior (https://volkswagenforum.com/forum/exterior-10/)
-   -   2005 GTI 1.8T (https://volkswagenforum.com/forum/exterior-10/2005-gti-1-8t-2633/)

alonzo mendoza 03-04-2007 04:30 AM

2005 GTI 1.8T

I'm considering getting the body dropped some, but im not sure how much yet. and i was wondering if anyone could tell me the price range for lowering a 2005 GTI in fort worth...or some thingsi need to consider before i lower it.

thanks
alonzo

Joelzy 03-05-2007 11:19 AM

RE: 2005 GTI 1.8T

Talk to Billy and Jeff at Dubsquared in Arlington, I dont have a number but i talked to them on Vdubaddiction.com which is a local forum to us.
They will install for around 150 but parts will cost a little more, they have a good Koni connection so they can really hook it up. I had mine dropped saturday, i brought all the parts except the rear shocks and they got them cheap for me ahead of time. Definitely look them up, great guys, great deal, most places will charge you upwards at 4 or 500 bucks to intall.

alonzo mendoza 03-06-2007 11:49 PM

cool...thanks a lot!!! im gonna look into it. So their good right..like u aren't having any problems with ur car or anythinglike that right??? cause i want to find someone who can do a decent job and won't mess up my car. once again thanks a lot for the info!

Joelzy 03-07-2007 11:55 AM

No theyre really good, Jeff is a VW tech at autobahn volkswagen so they know what theyre doing

alonzo mendoza 03-07-2007 09:45 PM

how much did u drop ur car??? and what do u recommend doing first... getting new rims or lowering it???
cause i plan on doing both i just don't know whats better to start out with... and im kinda new to the whole modifying my car thing so i would appreciate ur help

thanks

Joelzy 03-08-2007 10:56 AM

My drop is aproximately 1.75" but its hard to say exact amount, once on the car all kits will sit a little different.
I suggest doing the rims first, That way you can work your drop kit around your rims. You wouldn't want to drop the car 3 inches and then try to put massive wheels on it. I say go for the wheels you want and then drop according to how you want the car to sit on the wheels. If you know for sure what size wheels your going to get you can go ahead and drop, Like me, i couldve easily dropped mine before i put the new wheels on because the new wheels are exactly the same size as my stock 17's and i had been planning on keeping 17's the whole time because i wanted a thicker tire. But it worked out i found the wheels dirt cheap bought em and put em on then a few months later here i am with the drop i wanted on the car.
Also, I suggest doing a moderate drop, nothing too extreme. Mine is just enough for me and the ride is still very comfortable. The car rides low like i want but i can avoid bottoming out when i need.
hope this helps
-joel

Here are two pics, the first is before with the stock wheels and the second is after the drop and the new wheels. Mind you, the tires from the old wheels were put on the newbies so they are the same size, just tucked more.

The VW Man 05-08-2007 06:25 AM

i drop my mk4 60 mm

The VW Man 05-08-2007 06:26 AM

i might also get air bags to lift and drop my mk4