Volkswagen Forum - VW Forums for Volkwagen enthusiasts

Volkswagen Forum - VW Forums for Volkwagen enthusiasts (https://volkswagenforum.com/forum/)
-   Detailing (https://volkswagenforum.com/forum/detailing-37/)
-   -   would it be bad to get nice rims from ebay (https://volkswagenforum.com/forum/detailing-37/would-bad-get-nice-rims-ebay-6317/)

Corey622 08-29-2008 09:55 AM

would it be bad to get nice rims from ebay

i am looking to get some nice rims for my 03 jetta and was woundering if i could get some nice ones off of ebay.com but when i was looking i was woundering if they also came with the tries for the rims or not. could anyone enlighten me on how it works.

Jettavoltz 09-17-2008 11:40 AM

RE: would it be bad to get nice rims from ebay

I Was thinking the same thing but found out that rims from ebay is the best place to get rims, as long as seller has good rating. You do not wanna spend 1k or more on rims and ebay they have nice rims for around 400-600$. No tires comes with rims, I was about to buy some rims for my 2008 Jetta but waiting till I get side Skirts and fog lights first and then maybe in winter I'll get rims shiped to my house so hey can be put on in the spring.

bagel 09-17-2008 04:57 PM

EBAY is 50/50....someget screwed and others have the best of luck. It's like playing craps when shopping on EBAY, just be careful.

DDS13 10-22-2008 11:03 PM

I got 18" rims off ebay for $450... just got them today and they are exactly what was advertised. I would make sure they have an excellent feedback rating and ... I would personally make sure its a company - I feel safer that way and they provide a return policy, etc.

conner 05-27-2014 07:21 PM

As long as you know the seller or better yet just buy from online reputable stores just to be safe.

WV1 07-14-2014 10:16 AM

Search for a reliable seller with good feedback.

conner 02-09-2015 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by WV1 (Post 62003)
Search for a reliable seller with good feedback.

Yep that is one way, or just look for a very reputable site like tire rack, 4wheelonline etc. At least you are assured and have a peace of mind.

Eurobahn Volkswagen 01-11-2016 03:52 PM

I don't think wheels are generally sold with tires on ebay but i'll just reiterate what everyone else is saying make sure the seller is reputable:)

conner 01-21-2016 08:14 PM

Or you can always go to your local stores, they do sell sometimes great bundle deals.

jookils 11-22-2019 06:48 AM

I Was thinking the same thing but found out that rims from ebay is the best place to get rims, as long as seller has good rating. You do not wanna spend 1k or more on rims and ebay they have nice rims for around 400-600$. No tires comes with rims, I was about to buy some rims for my 2008 Jetta but waiting till I get side Skirts and fog lights first and then maybe in winter I'll get rims shiped to my house so hey can be put on in the spring.