Volkswagen Forum - VW Forums for Volkwagen enthusiasts

Volkswagen Forum - VW Forums for Volkwagen enthusiasts (https://volkswagenforum.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Visual Electronics (https://volkswagenforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-9/)
-   -   OEM Navi unit (https://volkswagenforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-9/oem-navi-unit-33059/)

vwgolfmkv 08-08-2011 11:14 PM

OEM Navi unit

Hi all, I've put together a little FAQ for the vw head unit, hopefully this will help you avoid reading the full vw Headunit thread I have.

FAQ:
Q. Where do I order from?
A. jews888@gmail.com order from this email to support every owners.

Q. How long does shipping take?
A. It seems to vary but should take no longer than 5 business days. My unit was shipped from Hong Kong to USA and it took 2 business days (shipped Tuesday, arrived Thursday)

Q. How much is the shipping cost?
A. Currently it is 70USD send to Europe countries.

Q. How do I install it?
A. The unit is really easy to install, its basically plug and play. Steps are as follows:
1. Remove your old head unit.
2. Take the harness from the car and connect it to the harness adapter provided. Then take the adapter and plug it into the back of the head unit.
3. If you need aux-in or other RCA leads, plug that dongle into the head unit.
4. Attach the radio antenna wires from the car to the fakra adapter and plug that into the head unit. Note you need to take the two p.ant plugs from the harness adapter and attach them to the blue wire from the fakra adapter. See a picture of the harness and the fakra adapter.
5. Take the head unit and put it back into your car. The head unit should now start.

Note: all the plugs only go into one slot into the back of the head unit. There are a total of 4 things you need to plug in. 2 from the harness adapter, 1 from the RCA dongle, and 1 for the fakra antenna adapter.

Q. Steering wheel controls work?
A. Yes! Quite well in fact. The phone button also works! Thanks to Azone for confirming this.

Q. Is Vag Com required?
A. No! Plug and play :)

Q. Does the unit stop audio when I go into reverse?
A. Apparently some units do and some don't. Personally my unit does not, and I do not have the backup camera option.

Q. How to get Text to Speech (TTS, Street Announcement) working?
A. The iGo8 system needs special voices that support TTS.

Q. Sometimes my headunit is not turning on with the car!
A. The headunit needs to be reset after installation. Just put a paper clip into the pinhole next to the right dial when the head unit is on to reset it.

Q. Where is the aux-in? Is the factory aux-in supported?
A. The aux-in is in the back via two RCA plugs. I made the mistake of thinking it would be a 3.5mm headphone jack.

Q. Does it recharge the iPod when its connected?
A. Yes

Note if this option is not available to you, it probably means you don't have TMC support in your area. because DVB-T and TMC and Camera is optional functions.

Q. Okay my navigation was working, and now its not! What do I do?
A. Format the card and load the GPS software as per the GPS Issue thread. If you've done this a couple of times, and the GPS continues to stop working then its time to buy a new SD card!

Q. Do SDHC Cards works?
A. Yes, people have tried up to 32GB. There is however a file limit, we're not sure what it is but there is one.

Q. What's this FM/AM radio reception issue?
A. This issue has been resolved, you need to plug in the fakra adapter and you should be getting good reception. Personally I have no problems in Toronto.

Q. What is the bluetooth password?
A. 0000

Q. How is the glare on the unit?
A. Its still usable, but there is glare.

From to_mkv regarding WinCE Patch:
- Patch does work
- Patch unlocks the WinCE on the GPS unit of the headunit only
- The GPS unit seems to only have access to the front left/right channels
- The GPS unit only has access to the GPS SD card, not the media SD card
- The GPS unit does not have access to the USB ports or the iPhone port
- There is a hack to add a USB port to the GPS unit

http://www.szenco.com/upfiles/image/...1619143904.jpg

http://www.szenco.com/upfiles/image/...1619178906.jpg

http://www.szenco.com/upfiles/image/...1725183193.jpg

vwgolfmkv 08-09-2011 02:46 AM

Detailed Product Description

VW car dvd player with gps auto navigation radio & video system for volkswagen cars,TV,RDS audio,bluetooth,ipod,stereo

-.Support Volkswagen MAGOTAN /PASSAT/vw POLO/JETTA/GOLF/TIGUAN/EOS/SEAT LEON/Rabbit
/Touran/Sagitar/Baro/bora/GTI MKVI/CC/R32/Scirocco,etc.....
Support English,Turkish,Chinese,Italian,German,French,Spain,Portugal languages menu.
-.Special car dvd player with gps perfect fit 2006-2012 year Volksagen and skoda car.
-.6.5 inch touch screen TFT LCD Monitor
-.800*480 Digital 16:9 high definition display .
-.New Interface Clear OSD Menu design.
-.Compatible with DVD/DVD-R/VCD/CD/WMA/CD-R/CD-RW/Divx player.
-.Built-in FM/AM Radio.
-.Built-in 4X60W amplifier
-.Built-in Car real view Camera Input
-.Built-in Game function.
-.Support original car parking system.
-.Support orginal Air conditioning information display.
-.Built-in original Can bus steering wheel control system.
-.Support Route 66 or 3D Igo or Tomtom and other international map.
-.Built-in USB,SD&MMC slot, and iPod controler
-.Built-in Bluetooth function
-.Built-in iPod,TV/RDS function.
-.Extra microphone for bluetooth.
-.Built-in GPS Navigation System.
-.With Bluetooth Phonebook function.it can display mobile phone deposited phone number and name.
-.Gold-wide color box can prevent equipment"s oxidation and cooking the heat fast.
-.Dual zone GPS function(Listen radio/cd while watching GPS image)
-.Optional DVB-T with 2pcs TV tuner (digital TV) function is High DVB-T which can run under 250km/H.
-.Optional TMC function.
-.Optional Car Real View camera.

banadictaustin 09-12-2012 08:11 AM

I have the OEM unit myself and couldn't be more happy with it. Provided I do wish it had a few extra features and a better way to management the control the menus but otherwise it functions quite well.

paityda 12-24-2019 02:34 PM

A. It seems to vary but should take no longer than 5 business days. My unit was shipped from Hong Kong to USA and it took 2 business days (shipped Tuesday, arrived Thursday) Tutuapp 9Apps ShowBox