Help - Buying a new Polo 1.2 TSI

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2012, 09:30 AM

Hi dwg1986,

They are basically replacing the 1.4 85ps with a new 1.2TSI 90ps engine. If you go to the German VW website it's actually listed there.

Old 03-10-2012, 05:54 AM

Originally Posted by dwg1986
Hi all,

I am interested in buying a brand new 1.2 TSI Polo. Before doing some research, I headed to my local official VW dealer, who gave me a quote. The quote description reads: "Polo Comfortline 1.2 TSI 90bhp M5F Manual".

On the brochure, the only 1.2 TSI engine I can find is 105bhp (not 90bhp). On the internet, I can find no mention of a 90bhp 1.2 TSI engine. When I called the dealer to let him know I cannot find any info, he insisted it exists and that they "very recently started being used in Golf models as well". He also said it would cost me about €2000 more to get a 105bhp, instead of a 90bhp. (???)

Anything I should know about the 90bhp version? Thanks!
Hey dwg1986, I just got the same quote from VW (I'm from Malta too) and I'm curious why I can't find anything on the internet regarding the 90bhp TSI. The salesman said the exact same thing to me however he then mentioned that from 2012 they are no longer going to produce the 105bhp version and replaced it with the 90.... which i am sceptical about.... Have you dug up any info you might be able to share regarding this please??

Thanks!

Old 03-11-2012, 05:14 AM

Originally Posted by ilguns
Hey dwg1986, I just got the same quote from VW (I'm from Malta too) and I'm curious why I can't find anything on the internet regarding the 90bhp TSI. The salesman said the exact same thing to me however he then mentioned that from 2012 they are no longer going to produce the 105bhp version and replaced it with the 90.... which i am sceptical about.... Have you dug up any info you might be able to share regarding this please??

Thanks!
Hi ilguns, good to know someone else from Malta! As markcame said, it can be found on the German VW website. (can't give you a direct link because the website doesn't provide it). It's also included in Wikipedia's list of VW petrol engines: VW Petrol Engines. Other than that, I couldn't find any more info. Please do share if you find anything else. Last time I checked, VW UK knew nothing about the 90bhp engine.. and they referred me to the only 1.2 TSI engine they sell in the UK, which is the 105bhp one.

I'm still waiting for it to arrive (I ordered the 90bhp one btw). Salesman told me I had to wait 6 months until it arrives, so I have 2.5 months left waiting.. It's been a horrible experience waiting and waiting .. :/

Old 03-11-2012, 05:19 AM

Hey dwg1986. I am Maltese too My brother just got the new TSI as well. I'm stuck with the old 1.4 ...

Plus, he got 16" rims as standard. If i'm not mistaken the Rivazza.

Old 03-12-2012, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by markcame
Hey dwg1986. I am Maltese too My brother just got the new TSI as well. I'm stuck with the old 1.4 ...

Plus, he got 16" rims as standard. If i'm not mistaken the Rivazza.
Nice! When did he order it and when did it arrive? Also, did he get the 1.2TSI 105bhp, or the 90bhp? I still can't believe it takes 6 months to get a car nowadays.. or is this only in Malta?

Old 03-13-2012, 03:40 AM

Nice! When did he order it and when did it arrive? Also, did he get the 1.2TSI 105bhp, or the 90bhp? I still can't believe it takes 6 months to get a car nowadays.. or is this only in Malta?
He just ordered it a month ago and has 6 months to wait as well. Salesman told him it's because he got it with the sunroof. He got the 90bhp.

Don't know about the 6 month deal being in Malta only, but I guess it does play a factor.

Old 03-13-2012, 01:30 PM

Hi ilguns, good to know someone else from Malta! As markcame said, it can be found on the German VW website. (can't give you a direct link because the website doesn't provide it). It's also included in Wikipedia's list of VW petrol engines: VW Petrol Engines. Other than that, I couldn't find any more info. Please do share if you find anything else. Last time I checked, VW UK knew nothing about the 90bhp engine.. and they referred me to the only 1.2 TSI engine they sell in the UK, which is the 105bhp one.

I'm still waiting for it to arrive (I ordered the 90bhp one btw). Salesman told me I had to wait 6 months until it arrives, so I have 2.5 months left waiting.. It's been a horrible experience waiting and waiting .. :/
Thanks for the reply, I will let you know if I hear anything!! Ye it does take long to arrive! My friend ordered a golf which came 7 months later :/.

@Markcame, apparently VW have an offer on rims, they are giving the 16" Rivazza for no extra charge on all polos that are ordered

Old 05-04-2012, 11:19 AM

I am also from malta and have ordered the polo with the 1.2 tsi 90bhp and I had to wait six months as well...now it passed 5 months so in a month time it should arrive...I ordered it with the panoramic sunroof as well and the dealer said that that was the reason I had to wait that long...what's the thing about the 16" alloys?? they are giving them free in malta?

Old 05-05-2012, 06:06 AM

Originally Posted by cossie26
I am also from malta and have ordered the polo with the 1.2 tsi 90bhp and I had to wait six months as well...now it passed 5 months so in a month time it should arrive...I ordered it with the panoramic sunroof as well and the dealer said that that was the reason I had to wait that long...what's the thing about the 16" alloys?? they are giving them free in malta?
I'm now into the 7th month waiting. Said the ship got delayed & what not. From what I could see on the salesman's list of ordered cars, my Polo's build date was in February. That's 4 months to ship? Meh.. (.. it's not like there's an ocean to cross)

Btw, I have no panoramic sunroof, and the excuses didn't differ.

I was not offered the 16" Rivazza wheels.. my quote mentions 15" Lakeside wheels. Now let me go back to waiting ...

Old 05-09-2012, 12:28 PM

I'm now into the 7th month waiting. Said the ship got delayed & what not. From what I could see on the salesman's list of ordered cars, my Polo's build date was in February. That's 4 months to ship? Meh.. (.. it's not like there's an ocean to cross)

Btw, I have no panoramic sunroof, and the excuses didn't differ.

I was not offered the 16" Rivazza wheels.. my quote mentions 15" Lakeside wheels. Now let me go back to waiting ...
Hope that I don't have to wait that long since I am counting down the days it remains....mine is supposed to be delivered to malta in the first week of june!! I also was not offered the 16" Rivazza wheels, I have the 15" Lakeside wheels

Bdw, do you know where the polo to malta is manufactured please!

Quick Reply: Help - Buying a new Polo 1.2 TSI