Reliability index for Phaeton

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2011, 02:22 AM
Default Reliability index for Phaeton

Came across this the other day from warranty direct when i was looking to buy a warranty due to my current one expiring very soon.....seems to support that most problems we experience are electrical related.
Volkswagen Phaeton - Car Reliability Search | Reliability Index | How reliable is your car?

Old 08-25-2011, 04:31 PM

I believe this is true and will only be more and more the case as our vehicles become increasingly dependent on electric features. (IE the electric motor). Speaking of, what are VW's plans to keep up with that new trend in the market?

Old 08-22-2012, 12:18 AM

I have owned a 2004 V8 Phaeton for several years. I drive about 35-40k miles per year in Chicago. The maintenance and repairs are costly, but the investment is worth it. You can get the cars cheap on the used market, but that does not reflect the true cost of ownership. Any German car must be repaired and serviced by a competent service tech, not necessarily the dealer. All German cars are expensive to maintain. All German cars are worth the investment to keep them running as designed. I have replaced rear wheel bearings, both fuel pumps, and the mass air sensors. I replaced the video nav screen from ebay. VW is replacing the ignition coils on several models for free, including mine. My Phaeton has never left me stranded, and has always communicated via the engine diagnostics when a problem occurs. The upside is that the car is a tank. It has saved my life at least once because of it's roadhandling characteristics. The suspension, brakes, and engine performance are superior. It rides on rails. I recently thought about changing cars, but I couldn't think of one better than my Phaeton. It's one of a kind, and it rides on a Bentley chasis--it is SOLID. I would consider an Audi A8 or Mercedes 4motion, but the cost of repairs and maintenance would be the same. The Phaeton is stealth, for those who care about driving, not status.