Volkswagen Jetta/Bora
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear door panel - 99 Jetta

Old 09-20-2011, 02:57 PM
Default Rear door panel - 99 Jetta

Anyone here know how I go about removing and replacing the rear door panel on a 99 Jetta? My electric window is frozen in the down position and I need to get in there and fix it.

Thanks

Old 10-08-2011, 02:52 AM

Originally Posted by johnarensberg
Anyone here know how I go about removing and replacing the rear door panel on a 99 Jetta? My electric window is frozen in the down position and I need to get in there and fix it.

Thanks
I just pulled the front driver door panel on my 1999 Jetta GL. Since you have power windows and I have manual you actually have a little less to deal with.

There should be three torque head screws on the very bottom of the panel holding it down and possibly a screw or two on the front side of the door panel. Possibly a screw or two in the arm rest. After that you need to GENTLY pry the door panel away from the door frame with a flat blade screw driver and it should pop the little things that secure it in place out without too much force or trouble. Once you do that you will need to pull it out enough to see behind it and detach any of the wires. Then you can pull the panel up and it should unlatch from the window sill area. Presto the inner door panel is off, but there may also be a metal plate under it that you might have to take off to get at the window and the window motor.(there was on the front door, not sure about the rear YET)

Do you have a new motor for the window in case that is the problem?