Volkswagen Jetta/Bora
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Parts List

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2007, 10:28 PM
Super Moderator
Default Parts List

I'm heading to Michigan in April, and am getting some more parts added to the Jetta. Here's the problem...with so many different websites, parts manufacturers, and opinions, which website, or comnpany do you want to go through. I'm all about saving a buck, so here's what I'm looking for:

Underdrive Pulley Kit
O2 Sensors
Racing Header
Front Brakes (cross drilled/slotted rotors) dunno what pads to use!!
Fuel Filter....but can't find it on the vehicle..LOL
Throttle Body Spacer...do they make these???

Anything else I think I'll have to look up in Euro Tuner....but this is a start. My family owns a shop so it's easy to install the parts, getting them is a problem. If anyone can help, it's be much appreciated.

Old 03-06-2007, 10:46 AM
Default RE: Parts List

throttle body spacers exist, not sure about for this car, but ive never heard a story where they made a difference. I obtained one for my dakota and it didnt do squat, i felt nothing until i went to a larger throttle body.
as for parts places, i like performance cafe a lot Schantz is a cool guy and has helped me out a lot with parts, im sure parts can be found cheaper though, i still love the old ebay special, just research before you buy so as not to buy crap parts.
good luck
-joel

Old 03-06-2007, 06:31 PM
Super Moderator

So far the parts I've ordered and applied to my car have worked great. Ebay is good, but the cold air pipe I ordered form them didn't even remotely fit! Anyways, I think the underdrive pulley is just gonna be the crank pulley, and the bank 1 O2 sensor should fairly cheap through my family's shop. I can't find headers anywhere, I really wanna try and open up the exhaust side, to equalize air-in, air-out. SO, I'll have to go through websites, and see what's cheapest I guess. I'm thinking Euro Sport ACCis gonna be the best. Thanks once again Joelzy

Old 03-06-2007, 06:37 PM

ahh i hear ya, ive never seen headers for either of our cars, i ask the sellers like a million questions before buying most of the time.
good luck let me know how your searching goes

Old 03-06-2007, 09:37 PM
Super Moderator

I found that www.unorthodoxracing.comhas the most pulley, flywheels, clutches, cam gears available...but they are expensive. I found one kit with just the crank pulley for $159.99. With the power steering pulley, alt pulley, and the crank pulley for almost $300. I think the crank pulley should be enough, but we'll see. I don't like going about things the wrong way. With the rotors, they ask you 5x11..5x14..5x..etc. I dunno how to determine that. I'll just keep looking.

Old 03-07-2007, 11:53 AM

you'll probably have to be careful with rotor sizes because of your wheels. sometimes the inside of the wheels dont clear a big rotor