Volkswagen Jetta/Bora
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jetta oil Pressure/Oil Cooler

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2006, 02:46 AM
Default Jetta oil Pressure/Oil Cooler

My wife has a 95 jetta III 2.0 and the oil cooler started spewing oil all over the place, so I pulled it to the shop and pulled the oil cooler and I noticed that the seal was bad, so I got a new one and put it all back together and when i started it up, there was alot of noise from the valve cover and the oil pressure dumby light was on. So i put it back on the hoist and pulled the filter(without draining the oil) and noticed that no oil was comming out after the filter was removed. This doesn't seem normal to me. If anyone has any ideas about something that I am doing wrong please let me know. And also, it has a new filter and new clean oil. Thanks

-Chris

Old 04-01-2006, 02:03 PM
Default RE: Jetta oil Pressure/Oil Cooler

try pulling the cap off the oil fill then takeing off the oil filter it could be that there is enough suction there to hold it up (just my guess) that or depending on the condition of the car (i dont know) it could be that there is a bigger under lieing problem.

tony

Old 04-01-2006, 10:12 PM

Yeah, I think that there is a problem with the oil pump. Does anyone know if the oil pump is in the pan, and any other helpful info? Thanks.
--Chris

Old 04-03-2006, 02:10 PM
Super Moderator

oil pumps are usually in the pan cause I've always drilled a hole in the oil pan when hooking up a turbo. I say usally cause I havent seen them anywhere else, and have rebuilt a lot of engines. Take the oil pan off, you're gonna need a new gasket cause the old one will be no good. You should see the oil pump sitting there on the motor, the new oil pump might have a gasket with it, but you should scrape all of the old one off, otherwise it will leak plus you need to put gasket sealant on the pan before you put the pan back on. thats all I know, any questions let me know...