Volkswagen Jetta/Bora
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I'm taking on water!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2008, 03:14 PM
Default I'm taking on water!!!

Hey there, I'm in a bit of a pickle here... i have a 03' jetta... for some strange reason, i started to get water on the driver side and passenger side floors... the drainage tubes from my sunroof were checked and possibly off track which caused the water to go between the panel and door and go under all padding and carpeting.. the whole inside was taken apart to fix it, which now my front floors do not get wet (thank goodness), but 2 days after i got the car back i noticed that the back window was all fogged up (as if people were making out in it) so instinctly i checked the floors... the passenger side in the back now gets flooded!!! what is going onwith my submarine??? why is this happening to my car??? I haven't messed with the sunroof, never took anything apart (aside from the work that was just done to stop water coming into the front) and every time it rains, I have a swimming pool in theback of my car.... this is not good because if i don't stop this from happening, eventually, my car sill start rotting from the inside out... please help me.....

Old 01-18-2008, 09:08 PM
Default RE: I'm taking on water!!!

You may have to check the sun roof drains your self to
see if they are open, the way we did it wasget some water
in a coke bottle, open the sun roof and pour the water down the drain tubes at each front corner on the roof, then
watch where the water goes. those tubes arn't that hard to
clean out, they get trash in them and all you do is blow then out, or run a heavy duty weed eater string down them.
some one also could have dislodged one of them and it
would have to be slipped back on the little nipple, the tubes
used to be a plastic tube, don't know what your's are.

Old 01-18-2008, 10:24 PM
Default RE: I'm taking on water!!!

well i know that the front one's were checked b/c a good friend of mine (who works on cars) took everything apart in the front and made sure they were not clogged and connected... the back now gets wet which is very weird to me... there is no sign of the water coming through the roof or the sides of the car, it's just wet...