Volkswagen Jetta/Bora
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DIESEL SMOKE

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2006, 02:20 PM
Default DIESEL SMOKE

I JUST PURCHASED A 2006 DIESEL JETTA ABOUT 3 MONTHS AGO AND AM WONDERING IF ANY OTHER DIESEL OWNERS ARE EXPERIENCING WHAT I AM. THERE IS A CONSTANT HUGE BLACK RING OF SMOKE ON THE CAR AROUND THE MUFFLERS. ALSO, THERE IS A CONSTANT COATING OF SMOKE ALL OVER THE ENTIRE CAR AND IN THE DOOR JAMS. IF I WASH THE CAR, IT IS RECOVERED WITHIN A COUPLE OF DAYS. THIS SEEMS A BIT EXCESSIVE TO ME AND AM WOULD LIKE TO HEAR FROM OTHER 2006 DIESEL JETTA OWNERS.

Old 02-26-2006, 08:16 PM
Default RE: DIESEL SMOKE where is VW on this ?

Interesting. I am thinking about purchasing a TDI Jetta or the new Beetle TDI. BUT, what you are saying has me concerned. All I want is high MPG with more mechanics available to fix it .vs those hybrids that do not seem to have a large group of trained mechanics with good electrical skills.

This is my 1st time in this forum and would like to see someone respond to this persons issue. Does VW make a good diesel product or not ? Also, has anyone had any trouble getting their TDI to pass emissions inspection in the US ?

Old 05-04-2006, 11:36 PM
Default RE: DIESEL SMOKE where is VW on this ?

Hi,

I have the same problem with the diesel smoke. I have a new 2006 TDI as well, but I've only had mine for 1 week. Alredy the smoke is billowing out the back, not making a "puff" of black smoke like they told me it would. And my car is the camponila white...LARGE black spot on the rear bumper! The dealer told me that was "sorta normal" but the car was jerking also...bad...that definitaley was NOT normal. Now it's in the shop....for the past week....I don't know when I will get it back or what they will say. I hope that we didn't just waste $25,000. I HOPE they can fix the smoke. Everyone was staring at me. Also, I drive 500 miles a week to/from work, and happened to be following a TDI to work one day and another one home the following way...and they DID have the little "puff" of smoke...NOTHING like my billowing mess!!!

Old 05-05-2006, 07:31 PM
Default RE: DIESEL SMOKE

very normal if you drive in the city allot it well do that its a diesel my car has done that sence the day i bought it and i have 165000 miles on it the problems that i have had are electrical ,alarm goes off for no reason,light dont work on the dash for the gauges,turn signal light in the left rear needs to be replaced ever so often,turbo went out at 99500 miles and the map sensor,also right now the light for the air bag is on, the check engine light comes on when every it wonts but outher then that the cars been very good

Old 05-05-2006, 07:36 PM

what is your engine light going on for???

tony

Old 05-06-2006, 12:02 PM

secoudary air supply sensor

Old 05-06-2006, 12:10 PM

air filter needs to be replaced is all but it has been replaced its a ghoust code that well not leave even after i cleared it with my tool

Old 05-07-2006, 09:30 PM

I took my Jetta in and they claim it's a crack in the hose from the turbo....apparently the turbo is sending air through this hose and intsead of going to the engine, the air is going out the hose. They said that is what all the black smoke is from. We'll see...supposed to pick it up tomorrow.

Old 05-08-2006, 12:14 AM

that would make sense... but then the black smoke would come out of your engine canpartmant.

tony

Old 05-09-2006, 01:01 AM

not realy the air going out the hose is bad for the combustion for the diesel not haveing the right air fuel mixure is not good

Quick Reply: DIESEL SMOKE