Volkswagen Jetta/Bora
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Botched dealer detail

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2012, 10:34 PM
Default Botched dealer detail

I recently purchased a 2012 black jetta sport wagon. As expected it was a little rough on delivery but the dealer promised to make it right. An appointment was scheduled. Car goes in for a buff/ polish and sealer. Unfortunatly I picked it up in the evening and of purse It looked awesome that was of course until you got it in the sun. So the dealer said to bring it in . Well I would have just left it. At least it was shiny and smooth as butter. I picked it up this evening and I was highly disappointed. The parked it under the lights and the first thing I noticed is that it was spotted and filthy. Note that I got a call 2 hours befor saying it was done. So this prompted me to look over the car. All I had to do was look at the hood which was never a problem in the first place. Who ever did the work ruined the paint... All swirled up. They even buffed and swirled the chip protect clear strip up front . I am careful to use quality products and micro fibre when washing and drying and I typically dry under a Florecant light in the garage. The hood swirls were not there before. Just on the door panels.

Question is ... Lost cause now? Is it ruined and will they ruin the integrity of the paint if they take another pass at it? I left the car there and I am speaking to the advisor in the morning. It's a new car and I do not want to ruin it.

Thanks in advance

Old 10-11-2012, 04:22 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum. Name:  VWwelcome.gif
Views: 57
Size:  951 Bytes

This could be a difficult one resolve if you have no photographic evidence of before and after. I'm assuming this dealer sold you this Jetta? Just keep on purging the dealer until you're satisfied.

I've read reports that when cars come out of the dealer after having specific jobs done and they wash the motor there are more scratches/swirls on the paintwork than it when it. Again its difficult to prove before and after without pics.

https://volkswagenforum.com/forum/ne...gnature-34185/

Old 10-11-2012, 08:11 AM

Thank you! I think the new scratches on the clear bra will help. It is obvious that they buffed it when your not supposed to. My car is still there and I am going in here in a few to talk to the service manager. The car is also filthy which is not something you would expect after a redetail and sealer application. I'm sure they will try and make it right I just hope they don't make it worse. Ill post what happens here this morning.