Go Back   Volkswagen Forum - VW Forums for Volkwagen enthusiasts > VW MODELS > Volkswagen Jetta/Bora
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-02-2007, 06:28 PM

Default 01 jetta vr6 overheating problem

it only over heats when the ac is turned on, i think its my second radiator fan. anyone can anyone help with this?
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Volkswagen Forum!
Old 07-05-2007, 04:34 PM

Default RE: 01 jetta vr6 overheating problem

My 2004 four cylinder turbo overheated this Saturday. I called the dealership and they couldn't schedule me for service for another month. I took it to a foreign car expert who replaced the fan (which was out) but the car still overheats. I'm out over $500 with a warrantized car and they still haven't found the problem. I had trouble with the BEETLE also. This is officially my last Volkswagen.
Old 07-05-2007, 05:47 PM

i think its ridiculous that youre hating on your car. sounds like user error. i bet your water pump was out, which is a common problem on those ****ty plastic impellered ones from the factory. you should have done some research, looked around, and figured it out yourself. how many miles are on your car?

ya
Old 07-05-2007, 07:06 PM

hello, i have a 94 jetta 2.0 it was also overheating. the coolant temp switch was bad, it is located on the radiator, (driver side). but beware there are a 2 prong and a three prong switch, check to make sure before ordering. autozone they run around $45.00, hope this helps.
Old 07-07-2007, 02:16 PM

It's ridculous that I'm hating on my car??? Hey genius( joenewton07-by the way 07 is his IQ)it wasn't the waterpump-the thermostat is in the process of being checked, but that's not a sure thing. By the way Rocket Scientist,if a have a ****ty plastic impellered water pump that's (duh, duh, duh) user error? Wouldn't that be a reason to hate on my car (dud, duh, duh!!). If you want to kiss Volkswagen's ASS at least use a little BRAINS when you do it. (DUH, DUH, DUH)
Old 07-09-2007, 04:21 PM

woah, okay, dont get all offended man. Im just saying, i love these cars, and if you take care of it, itll be bullet proof. I said i bet it was your water pump, im not a master tech, and never claimed to be. Its a good chance it is the thermo, mine is going out, so im gonna replace the crap stock water pump(yes, i have it too, everyone does from the factory) do my t-belt job, and change my thermo while im in there. By user error, i meant, you should have looked up some stuff and checked on **** before you took it somewhere else and paid. And, you may have just voided your warranty by taking it to a non vw-liscenced shop. I agree that the crap oem WP is something to hate on, but that doesnt mean you cant help yourself. I would love to kiss VAG's ***, maybe theyd give me a lambo? I think youre just frustrated, and becuase someone criticized you, you decided to be an e-thug and hate on me. Pretty brave behind your keyboard. but what do you KNOW about your car? i guarantee you i know more than you do about your own car.

ya
Old 07-09-2007, 04:23 PM

back to the OP, i think you should check the second radiator fan. Im not much for mechanical trouble shooting, but if you think that may be it, test it, and go that route. I think you can find a cheap fix for it at ecstuning.com

ya
Old 07-15-2007, 09:25 PM

Yeah, I was trying to impress everybody with my "toughness" behind the keyboard, or maybe I just got pissed off at some rude moron who started this bull**** in the first place. You were going pretty good until you called me an e-thug, but I have a feeling subtleness is not your strong suit. SHUT UP JOE!!
Old 07-16-2007, 02:03 AM

wow youre a douche. quit thread jacking..you dont deserve a dub man...go buy a mustang or a civic, they are so much faster and cooler

ya
Old 07-16-2007, 02:03 AM

Tags
01, 04, 94, cooling, driver, fan, forums, glx, jetta, overheating, overheats, problems, radiator, side, vr6, vw, woahs, working