2013 GTI 2.0T - Nothing but problems

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2015, 04:57 PM
Thumbs down 2013 GTI 2.0T - Nothing but problems

Hey Everyone,

This is my first time posting here so let me know if I should be posting in a different section.

I leased my vehicle in Mar '13 and I have had my water pump replaced 3 times, and this past weekend my auxiliary pump and fuel injector blew at the same time giving me basically no power (3rd gear top speed was 42mph). I drove 41 miles and then all of a sudden lost power when I went to move my car out of the driveway. Additionally, I have 20,2XX miles on the vehicle....

I. Want. Out. My car is in the shop for repairs more than maintenance and it has been in the shop for the same issue multiple times. I want to break my lease, but NJ lemon laws were missed by just a few weeks so I couldn't get it lemoned. Have any of you experienced this issue? Have you been able to break your lease without penalty? I love my GTI, but I don't love it when I can't drive it.

Thanks in advance and if I'm in the wrong area please let me know where to repost this.

Old 05-27-2015, 07:38 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum. Name:  VWwelcome.gif
Views: 202
Size:  951 Bytes

Well it sounds like a lemon to me after 3 water pumps. Its very strange and annoying that US law is different in different States.

I would contact VW customer services to see what they say?

Yes you have posted in the correct section.

Thanks for adding your car spec in you signature without being asked, your one of the first.

Old 05-29-2015, 11:49 AM

Hey Keith,

Thanks for responding. I've been talking to an attorney and she said it sounds like a lemon case as well. I didn't understand the restrictions when I was reading about NJ lemon laws...which would be why I am not a lawyer hah. I love this car, but I think I've going to have to switch back to Japanese if I have a case and win it as well. We'll see what happens.

I read that I should have the signature...following directions shouldn't be too difficult hah