Volkswagen Golf
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

power window kit is available for golf/jetta

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2011, 01:39 AM
Default power window kit is available for golf/jetta

Newbie to list, but have owned my share of liquid cooled VWs. Don't know if this has been mentioned before but there is a custom fit power window kit for Golfs/Jettas from A1Electric for $500 or less. Details at: http://www.a1electric.com/golf.htm. I installed the 4 door kit in a few days - it is straightforward although a bit involved. The instuctions had the motor wiring reversed so I had to cut/switch/splice the two motor leads to get the up/down direction correct (of course I found out after complete reassembly - gee, I guess it is wise to test first, THEN reassemble) and the rear wire harnesses were mislabeled so the dashboard rear switches operate the opposite windows (corrected by more cut/switch/splice), but otherwise everthing was fine. The kit is German manufactured and the switches are VW style - I believe this is the OEM kit. Overall I am quite pleased as I no longer have to reach over to operate the passenger window. If anyone is interested I can provide my email if you want more details.