Volkswagen Golf
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need advice re: potential vehicle purchase

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2012, 04:23 PM
Default Need advice re: potential vehicle purchase

Hi all,
I am a college student and car enthusiast, looking to invest in a reliable, relatively gas-efficient vehicle. Would love it to be a VW Golf, but I have heard and read of the problems that these cars are sometimes plagued by. Looking for general information about these issues, as well as what to look for/as about when viewing potential cars. Currently considering a 2000 VW Golf...what do you know about this year? Any info would be great.

Old 03-21-2012, 09:18 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum. Name:  VWwelcome.gif
Views: 36
Size:  951 Bytes

Have a read in here to see which model you prefer.

VW TDI buyers guides

Old 03-22-2012, 09:03 AM

Thanks for the welcome and the information! Do you have any similar information related to the gas models? I currently own a TDI, but need to invest in a gas model. Also, I know that in the diesel vw's, replacement of the timing belt is not a sufficient enough repair and there are several other components that must also be replaced to sustain the integrity of the engine. Is this the case for gas models as well? Or does a simple replacement of the timing belt suffice?

Old 03-22-2012, 09:20 PM
Super Moderator

Sorry I don't have any info on VW gas models you would have to Name:  google.gif
Views: 34
Size:  2.0 KB those. It will depend on the age of the TDI when you needed to change the timing belt generally around 80k miles and a new tenssioner at 160k miles this is something you don't want to miss. The gas engines are longer depending on the year and model 120k miles for belt change.

Old 06-01-2012, 03:11 AM

If you are still looking for vw golf then surely you can go for this car because volkswagen Golf for sale is an exceedingly admired and best selling car model. It has an exclusive combination of sporty golf and GTI engine with wonderful look with stylish black on the frame, air intake, side mirror and a rear side window which is also in dark color. Its wheels are very shiny with different alloy. In short, it will be very pleasure for you to have this car.

Old 06-04-2012, 08:28 AM

Do you have the Volkswagen POLO sale out there? My friend is getting about 24 km/l on highway cruize1

Old 08-16-2012, 02:31 AM

Well, a mileage and performance of the car truly depends upon the type of fuel which is used in it. This is also a fact that gas gives better mileage. Regarding the durability of Golf, I would rather like to say that this car is one of the best performers of the VW group and has great reviews as the performance of the car is great.

Old 08-19-2012, 01:20 AM

If you are still looking for vw golf then surely you can go for this car because volkswagen Golf for sale is an exceedingly admired and best selling car model. It has an exclusive combination of sporty golf and GTI engine with wonderful look with stylish black on the frame, air intake, side mirror and a rear side window which is also in dark color. Its wheels are very shiny with different alloy. In short, it will be very pleasure for you to have this car.

Old 08-28-2012, 06:24 AM

I also agree with aynaa that Volkswagen Golf is one of the best selling and admired car model. Its interior and exterior features are just mind blowing. It would be a great pleasure to drive this car. I just love its design very much as it looks so attractive and stylish.

Old 08-30-2012, 01:13 AM

We’ll start with testing the transmission and driveline. Once the engine has settled down to an idle, shift the vehicle to reverse, the shift should be smooth, without any clunking or jerking. There may be some movement as the vehicle loads the braking system

Quick Reply: Need advice re: potential vehicle purchase