Volkswagen Golf
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to disable alarm on '98 Volkswagen Golf

Old 01-23-2014, 05:51 PM
Default How to disable alarm on '98 Volkswagen Golf

Hey guys I'm having this INSANELY frustrating problem with my golf. I bought her for cheap so she has her share of problems, but nothing too big. The buttons on the flip (FOB?) key stopped working a few months ago but I have been too busy to go and get it fixed. I've literally been avoiding locking the key for fear of turning on the alarm system (blinking red light next to driver side lock). Unfortunately I had to jump my car the other day, which seemed to activate the alarm system... I've had loads of trouble finding out how to deactivate the alarm system altogether, I've gotten 2 parking tickets already, and having my car honk at me for 30 seconds everytime I put the key in the ignition turns out to be the most frustrating problem in the world.
Right now, any info on how to permanently disable the entire alarm system will be extremely helpful.
EDIT: All I have seen is this link below, but I do not know if my car is an MKIII and I don't have that same key
http://faculty.ccp.edu/faculty/dreed...alarmhelp2.htm

Old 04-12-2014, 04:52 AM

I had the same issue on my 98 GTI VR6. If you lock and unlock w the key, without the key fob, you'll be fine. It's only when you lock it with the key fob, then open it with the key, that it will give you problems with the alarm. Good luck.