Go Back   Volkswagen Forum - VW Forums for Volkwagen enthusiasts > VW MODELS > Volkswagen Golf
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-02-2007, 06:54 AM

Default Dashboard Symbols

I have recently bought a used Golf GT TDi V Reg (Jan 2000). The owners guide is not specific to the TDi so i cannot work out some symbols that have now appeared. On the miles per gallon display a circle with a line diagonally though has appeared in the top left corner and in the top right corner a square with "1" in it is displayed. Can anyone tell me what they mean?
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Volkswagen Forum!
Old 04-02-2007, 07:17 AM

Default RE: Dashboard Symbols

If I'm not mistaken the circle w/ the line is the symbol for the "mean" or average of your gas mileage, and the square w/ the number 1 is your trip setting. I dont know exactly how it is on your ride, but my mk iv ( gasoline model)has a button on the bottom of the windshield wiper arm that switches it from 1= short trip, to 2=long trip readings.
Old 04-02-2007, 09:13 AM

Default RE: Dashboard Symbols

Thanks, i'll check it out, perhaps i've flicked a switch i didnt know was there! women eh?
Old 11-17-2011, 10:46 AM

I never got the owner's manual when I bought my used 2002 vw beetle. I have a new light that came on and wonder what it means. Is there any place to see the symbols and get an idea. ?
Old 11-18-2011, 09:32 AM
Super Moderator

Well I can't say for your model but on mine your can switch betweem memory 1 and memory 2 and 1 & 2 show in the top right of the MFD. Memory 1 is current mpg and memory 2 is the average mpg since memory 2 was reset as frfnugn says. There is a circle with a line through it on the left as well.

2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.
Old 11-18-2011, 09:32 AM

Tags
beetle, board, bug, dash, dashboard, explanation, golf, jetta, list, passat, symbol, symbols, touareg, volkswagen, vw