Power Door lock issues!

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2008, 07:08 PM
Default Power Door lock issues!

Hey there,

I am new to this forum, but I am a VW LOVER!But i have an issue.... I currently have an '02 cabrio (LOVE IT!) and my power door locks are not working they only lock and unlock manually but on my remote it will turn the alarm on and off and that its. I had my mechanic check it out and he didnt see anything wrong with the fuse and I called VW and they want $200 just to look at it! AHHHHH! Anyone out there have any ideas? I live in AZ, so if there is anyone in AZ that would look at it that woulb be amazing! Please help all! I NEED MY POWER DOOR LOCKS!! lol ooooo 1 more thing, my remote for my car is so worn out and I want to get one of those GGGRRROOOVVVYY flip keys, know of any way to get those without paying the millions of dollars from the dealarship?!?!?

THANKS A BUNCH,
CabrioGurl <3

[/align]

Old 10-15-2008, 03:28 PM
Default RE: Power Door lock issues!

Just a guess, but IIRC the door locks work off a vacuum system. My system crapped out a couple of years ago, and since the car is equipped with a remote start/alarm I could also arm/disarm the car but had to lock everything with a key manually. So I finally broke down and had my VW guy R/R the unit and all is well again.

A word to the wise, find your self a good VW guy and stay away from the dealers. I have a guy who is ASE certified & factory tranied on both Audi/VWs and he specializes in water cooled but has another mechanic who is a air cooled guru. It's a small shop, they have four people, and the prices are very fair... and the diagnostics are quick as is the turnaround. The family has specialized in VWs for over 30 years and is 2nd generation. I wish everyone could find a guy like this (Bob's VW Parts & Service, West Springfield, MA). We have also dealt with Brian's Garage in the other end of the state and Brian is also one of the best... especially for performance mods.

Old 10-18-2008, 04:05 PM
Default RE: Power Door lock issues!

when you try and lock your car can you hear a noise like they are trying to lock for an extended period of time?? and I think you stuck paying dealer priced for keys. ive been looking for a flip key for a while and after hearing what the dealer charges I was shocked f*** that im not paying over 400 for a key.