Lack of knowledge on basic car issues - help please!

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2012, 12:48 PM
Default Lack of knowledge on basic car issues - help please!

Hello

So I have a 2006 VW Beetle convertible and lately some weird things have been happening... I cant afford to get it looked at right now so I figured I would ask everyone on here to see if it helps me.

1. When I unlock my car the windows automatically go down that half inch to clear the top when I open the door but randomly the driver side window will go up that half inch while my door is open. I have to hit the unlock button on my key and then close it really quickly before it goes up on its own. It isnt at a specific time at all so I never know when it is going to happen.

2. In the morning when i get in my car the coolant light will flash red and make 3 beeping noises. When i looked in the manual it said that it means the car is overheating and i need to turn the car off. It has been 30-40 degrees in the morning so I dont understand how it could be overheating in the freezing cold when i havent even driven it yet. After about 2 min of it flashing red the light switches to a stationary blue and then about 30 min after that the light goes off completely

If anyone could help me out and clear up some things that would be great. I know these are probably really stupid questions but I cant afford to pay someone to look at it right now.

Thanks!!

Old 11-12-2012, 01:02 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum. Name:  VWwelcome.gif
Views: 276
Size:  951 Bytes

Well its going to cost your either way, There are very few simple solutions to electrical problems on VW's apart from checking all connections are good. You need to find someone with VAG-COM\VCDS to do a scan for any error code, they can also operate different systems to see if they work correctly.

https://volkswagenforum.com/forum/ne...gnature-34185/

Old 10-31-2014, 07:22 AM
Default Weird windows and locking

i have the exact same two problems in my 2007 convertible! Did you resolve?

Old 11-10-2014, 11:45 AM

Unfortunately no!! I brought my car to my local VW dealership and told them literally EVERYTHING that was wrong with my car from electrical issues to the coolant light (i had more issues with my car than just those 2 bullet points) and for every single one of them they told me they "couldn't duplicate the issue in the shop" so they couldn't tell me what was wrong with it. I ultimately paid about $150 for them to tell me absolutely nothing. The issues still happen 2 years later and Ive noticed it only happens when its cold out so I guess I just have to deal with it.