Suspension Is your ride slammed to the ground? Did you lift it so high you need a ladder to get in? Step in and let's talk about it here.

Lift kit for new beetle(Does one exist)

Old 07-12-2006, 02:20 AM
Default Lift kit for new beetle(Does one exist)

Has anyone ever seen a '98 or newer beetle with a lift kit???

Old 08-04-2006, 01:54 PM
Default RE: Lift kit for new beetle(Does one exist)

Nope, havent seen one, but could be interesting, obviously awkward but interesting

Old 08-04-2006, 04:33 PM
Jsd

Lift?? Kit??? New Beetle?? what has the world come to! Put some mudders on that thing, wooohooo hahahahah

-Jeff

Old 08-08-2006, 04:16 PM

as long as there are flowers in the built-in vase when youre mudding... then we're all set.

Old 10-08-2006, 10:02 PM

I too would like to know if one exists, I live in Indiana and some of the potholes here are big. i have a 99 bug and have already broke one mud flap from a pothole. Would like to raise it an Inch or two.

Old 01-13-2008, 07:21 PM

you could always make a kit........say a 10 in lift with some 35 in super swampers, would b very interesting.

Old 11-11-2008, 01:53 AM

I have a 2" lift kit on my '00 Beetle TDI. Got it from metalnerd.com
You will need to call them and ask about it because it is hard to find on their site. I have light truck tires Bilstien TC's 215/65/16's, an aluminum skid plate performance chip and larger injectors and average 40 mpg every tank. I use to fear pot holes steep driveways and speed bumps. Now I can rally on the forest roads in Central Oregon and go 4 wheeling with friends. It amazes me and my friends of what it can do. I plan on doing VR6 springs in the front and Jetta wagon springs in the back. Lift kit, tires, and springs will give me a total of 4" lift. I go mt. biking, skiing, fishing etc. that always leads me to the forest. My Vanagon Syncro cost me a fortune to drive and parts are expensive too! So now my Beetle takes me every where. Baja here it come!

Old 11-11-2008, 08:38 AM

old post

Old 02-12-2009, 07:41 PM

dang son that sounds bad@$$ id like to see that thing throw some pictures up here

Old 08-08-2010, 01:20 PM
Smile Lift Kit....New Beetle

I have gone to metalnerds as per solarmikes suggestion. The 1" is $250 and the 2" is $300. There is a waiver you must sign but I definitely think I want to do this...

LINK HERE - http://www.metalnerd.com/cat09.htm

States can't be installed on vehix with ESC Electronic Stability control - I'm just a girl so I'm guess I'm going to have to find this out Thanks Solarmike for the info and would love love love the pics. I'd like to try a 2" and want to see the outcome of yours with the tires etc. What type suspension and tires did you use? Est. cost for the whole ball of wax? Mines' not really for mudding but merely raise it for pothole and snowy mountain roads and to make me feel a little bigger on the road - tired of being pushed around!!! Also like a little different more rugged look on my bug. Pics please and Thank You Glad to see others out there with the same vision!!! YAY!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Lift kit for new beetle(Does one exist)