PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

For Sale for Parts: 2002 Passat GLX Wagon. Please take the whole car.

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2014, 07:59 AM
Default For Sale for Parts: 2002 Passat GLX Wagon. Please take the whole car.

I want to sell the whole car to someone in the NW Atlanta area who wants to fix it or use it for parts. Make me an offer ($500?) and haul it away!

~120K miles Black with grey interior, FWD.

The head gaskets were leaking slightly but the car still ran perfectly, then a couple of months ago it belched "some smoke" from the engine compartment about 100 yards from the house. I was not there to see that so I don't know what color it was or how much or from where exactly. She managed to drive it home with some warning lights on and I have not done a thing with it for about 3 months.

All the body panels are in decent shape except for minor hail dents and flaking spot on the hood. The tiptronic transmission is probably in excellent shape since we hardly ever took it out of full auto mode and have never driven it hard or hauled a trailer. I replaced the 3 motor mounts with better than original parts.

It was lightly rear ended a few years ago but no damage was done to the drive train or alignment. It drove smooth and quiet and always got decent mpg until this problem with the head gaskets that rendered it undriveable for us :-( Apparently the head gasket problem is common and I could probably do it myself but I don't have the time or tools to dig into that and that may not be the only thing that happened when it blew smoke.

The timing belt was replaced before 100k and it has had all its oil changes and routine maintenance until the warranty expired. I will give you all the repair records so you can see for yourself. Almost all the work was done by Heritage VW in Lithia Springs and Motorcars International in Smyrna.

Seriously this is a steal for someone with the skills to manage it.

Looking forward to the offers, Ron