Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going, and going FAST!

turbo vr6

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2005, 10:55 PM
Default RE: turbo vr6

yes the vw vr6 engine has a turbo kit.

the vr6 can take almost any car off of the line because of such a high amount of torque at such low rpm's. 178 ft-lbs at 4200rpms and 174 hp at 4800.

the vr6 internals are hella strong, the rods can handle 450-550 hp EASILY before breaking or bending. and who is gonna have over 450hp for a daily driver jetta?

FACE IT NO ONE WITH A VR6, even if its intercooled can push 10 lbs of boost on a stock headgasket, you'd blow it. to run more than 6psi safely, you're gonna need to lower the compression to 8.5:1 or 9:1 because stock (10:1) is just way too high... you can put lower compression pistons in, or a more simple solution would be to put in a thicker headgasket www.c2motorsports.com go there to get it, 225 bucks

the turbo kit for the vr6 is considerabley cheap, 2700 from kineticmotorsport.com

a non intercooled kit can put down 250 HP TO THE WHEELS and will make the car run an EASY low 14 second quarter mile and with minor mods, it'll be into the 13's.

any questions, comments, or haters email me at westsoccer18 @ hotmail.com i'd like to hear from you
i know a lot about the vr6 engine i've already begun the process of rebuilding and boosting my own so let me know if you have a question about it...
cheers,
casey

Edited by Moderator
**Your post has been edited. The language isn't necessary. Nor is insulting other members. If you'd like to share information or correct someone, please do it in a constructive and polite way.**

Old 11-28-2005, 11:20 PM
Jsd

and btw, yes the VR6 is a neat little car, especially with a tuned turbo setup but is not what you would like to call "can take any car off the line" or basically beat any car on the road. Do a little more research.

The intent is good but very misguided.

Old 11-30-2005, 03:34 PM

listen up jsd

you're the one who has to get his facts straight, a turbo vr6 w/ an intercooler that runs 9psi can hit 300whp, its been done... multiple times. turbo vr's can stand up to an sti - i've actually seen it done at Wisconsin international raceway

and im not saying it'll take any car off the line... im saying it'll take many if not all cars in the same class as it from whatever year it was made. with full torque on a stock engine peaking at 4200 rpms... why wouldnt it have a quicker start? most v6 engines have peak torque and hp up in the 6000's... i've done my research and am attending the volkswagen academy... thanks

any ?'s just reply it

Old 11-30-2005, 08:06 PM
Jsd

Okay, when did I say otherwise? I'm still trying to understand why you keep "complaining" like a child in your posts. No one is saying it's a bad car, nor that it couldn't hang up there with other cars (I merely stated that it's not the top car/setup out there). We welcome productive responses but if you continue with your attempt to impress and continue to be rude, you won't be posting for very much longer.

Personally, I know about V6's, I do contract work for a company that builds turbo kits for V6's, I know the numbers. Thanks. This is the last time I will ask. Lose the attitude or find another forum. Got it? Good.

If you'd like to talk about this more, I'm open to it. (Without the attitude)

-Jeff

Old 08-02-2006, 02:27 PM

cant we all just get along?

Old 08-03-2006, 12:42 AM
Jsd

lol no worries Joelzy, it's typical guy/car talk hahahahahaha old thread anyways :-)

-Jeff

Old 12-11-2006, 02:05 PM

you say you know V6's jsd. well you obviously dont know VR's very well. the VR6 is a unique engine. its not a true V6, the pistons are staggered and basically inline. one cyl head 2 cams. bet you didnt know that. this engine setup no one else uses, the crank is dropforged. and the pistons and rods were built factory to handle a good amount of boost. VW Germany knew these cars were going to be tuned out. that car can handle a lot so dont say you know this car. im a VW tech, i went to school for VW's in chicago. dont downtalk this car, i guarentee that with some mods itl smoke a ton of things. my buddy spent 1750 and he runs 13.2 and toys with a ton of turboed cars while hes n/a. do your research or learn VW before you say you know V6's or a VR6. VW is a completely different world over any other make/modle.

Old 12-11-2006, 07:07 PM
Super Moderator

He may not know, but I do. It's an old thread, don't stir up dust on something a long time ago. They are both right, and there's different types of VR's, I know my cars and research

Old 12-12-2006, 05:09 AM

thats all i ask. especially coming from an all VW site. i hate when people dont know about a car but relate it to things that arent even close to being the same. i saw this just searching the net for some turbo parts for my gti. im looken to get an EIP stage 2, i just finished rebuilding the head for a racing application and i built my bottem end also. im hoping to put 400 from the turbo and another 100-150 from a small shot of direct port nitrus.

Old 12-12-2006, 06:36 PM
Super Moderator

Ok, just so you know this is all my opinion!! Nitrous is for cowards, and it's fake HP. Real racers don't need it, I don't use it, none of my family uses it, and no one I race with uses it. We all agree that if you need it, then you haven't built your motor properly. Anyways, with the turbo, you may get 400 HP after you put the turbo on it. I had built an awesome Mustang awhile back..steel forged crank and all that. I pout a 100 shot of wet NOS through the block twice, and it cracked it, blew the block. 150 is insane, I'd would def, def do your research!! Again, this is all my opinion.

Quick Reply: turbo vr6