New Member Area New to VWF? Stop in tell us about you.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

peterw

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2014, 08:45 AM
Unhappy peterw

Can anyone help? I have a 2007 Touran which I really love until fairly recently. When it had only done 39,000 miles it developed an engine problem, sometimes the engine would just stop when ticking over, this could happen 2 or even 3 times in a row, then it would tick over happily for some time. At the same time when the car was being driven it would start to falter and bump, rather like turbulence on an aeroplane. It was decided that fuel starvation caused both problems and all the injectors were removed and sent for testing. One was said to be under performimg and was replaced.

We had the car back and it seemed OK for about 2 or 3 weeks then the problen started again (not as bad by any means as befoe the injecxtors were checked) Back it went to the garage and a new wiring loom for the injectors was fitted. This seemed to solve the problem and it was Ok for a few months, then in early September the problem has started again. I have had the car back for a further diagnostics check (more expense) no faults showed up and we were told that the injectors were in spec. I then put the car in for a major volkswagen main dealer service (cost a fortune) made much worse by being told that the holder for the fuel filter needed replacing (nearly £300 on top of service charge)

We got the car back and the performance was definitely improved and seemed fine on the way home (about 20 miles) But as we pulled into our road we had to stop to let a car through from the opposite direction, while ticking over the engine died, we re-started the car and the engine died again. We then took the car for another trip and the misfiring or whatever causes the bumping has started again. The car is back with Volkswagen main dealer and the car has faulted while on test but they don't seem to know what is causing this problem. The car has even now only done 45,500 miles, has anyone had this or a similar problem and can maybe throw some light on what can be causing our problem at this time

Last edited by Keithuk; 10-25-2014 at 07:20 PM. Reason: Paragraphs added
Old 10-25-2014, 07:23 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum Peter.

I would think you need to find someone who knows what they are doing, where do you live?

https://volkswagenforum.com/forum/ne...gnature-34185/

Old 10-26-2014, 07:08 AM
Angry peterw

Hi Keith, Thanks for your reply. We live North of Great Yarmouth in Norfolk, the car is at the moment with a volkswagen main dealer in Norwich so at the moment I can't get the engine number. What I didn't say in my original post was that my Touran is a diesel version, 2.0TDi. Sport 140. If you can suggest anyone, who as you say knows what they are doing, within a reasonable distance I am all ears. You would think the Volkswagem main dealers would have the answers but I feel rightly at wrongly that this could be a big earner for them, plus on the face of it the guys in their service bays are little more than fitters, not real mechanical experts at all.
Regards Peter

Old 10-26-2014, 07:28 AM
Super Moderator

Sorry Peter I don't know anyone in that area.

Just add 2007 Touran 2.0 TDi, Sport, 140PS to your signature.

No disrespect to this forum but I would suggest you also join.

VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze diesel forum

Are you peterwith on VolkswagenForum.co.uk - UK's #1 VW Forum