New Member Area New to VWF? Stop in tell us about you.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Here I am, rock you like a hurricane. . . Like the Scorpions did before you.

Old 08-11-2010, 03:51 PM
Default Here I am, rock you like a hurricane. . . Like the Scorpions did before you.

So I finally broke, $300/month on gas just going to work and common errands was getting ridiculous, so I went to an Audi/VW/BMW dealer and got rid of my chugger. I was torn between an '02 Passat or and '03 6-speed GTI, I knew with my record that the GTI would be bad so I got the very clean and smooth Passat. For years I drove Chevy trucks, I recently had an '05 trailblazer that I put a lot of work, and money, into. But after all was said and done, it was drinking my paychecks away, needless to say, I was not very happy with that. So a few weeks ago, I parted with such fond memories of road trips to see Red Sox games and to visit KC, Chicago, and Detroit. I have not stopped being excited to drive since getting my new girl, she handles great, accelerates like it's nothing and is just comfortable to be in. Now it's time to start looking into the modifications, the HID is going in first, it's already here so my first day off will be spent working on that. And since finding help and recommendations for specific parts is difficult to come by, I figured that this would be a good place to start. So I say hi to all and look forward to sharing knowledge and learning as much as I can about this fantastic ride.