General Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Passat Coolant System Problems

Old 09-14-2017, 04:40 AM
Unhappy Passat Coolant System Problems

I am a new member...I have a 2007 Passat that has given me nothing but trouble. The most recent problem is with my coolant system. The bottom portion of the radiator/fan unit is somehow being pulled toward the engine causing the fan blades to rub along one of the lower hose clamps. In addition, I noticed a loss of coolant fluid, so I filled the reservoir with pink 'Pentofrost' coolant and then drove the car for a while. When I parked it, I noticed that the coolant had changed to a green color and the radiator unit was again pulled toward the engine (I had previously worked it back to its normal position). Any information on what might be going on is greatly appreciated?

Old 09-14-2017, 06:33 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by gk37
I am a new member...I have a 2007 Passat that has given me nothing but trouble. The most recent problem is with my coolant system. The bottom portion of the radiator/fan unit is somehow being pulled toward the engine causing the fan blades to rub along one of the lower hose clamps. In addition, I noticed a loss of coolant fluid, so I filled the reservoir with pink 'Pentofrost' coolant and then drove the car for a while. When I parked it, I noticed that the coolant had changed to a green color and the radiator unit was again pulled toward the engine (I had previously worked it back to its normal position). Any information on what might be going on is greatly appreciated?
First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

Check the cooling fan mounting as it shouldn't pull back into anything.

The coolant shouldn't change colour if your adding the same type.

Please tell us your car spec in your signature

Old 09-14-2017, 07:05 PM

Sorry about the post errors...The fan mounting is tight. I'll take your suggestion though and check the radiator mounting. Regarding the coolant, I used the same color that was already there, in fact, it was from the same bottle. I'm hoping there isn't anything seriously wrong in the engine, such as a cracked gasket. Thoughts?

Gerry

2007 Passat 2.0T, 4 Door, Sunroof, Gray, New Turbo, New Front Axles, New Struts